Bath bombs

Melly

Hey guys, ok i think i made a batch of bath bombs that didnt explode, however I could not get the 2 sides to stick together when i tried to unmold them. any advice on how to get those halves to stick?

I have also had this problem. Sometimes, if you put tons of extra bomb material on each side of the mold, in a semi-loose manner, then press them together until the excess comes out the sides. This is what I did when That happened to me, but I am sure there is a better way! :confused:

Oh Melly! Bath Bombs are my nemeisis. I've had the same problem. I used the Meatballer and those 2 piece ornaments. LOL I wish I had some good advice. I think Elizabeth posted a few days ago about Bath Bombs. You might check with her or maybe she'll chime in soon. She and Tanya were my mentors during my venture.

I've had success on using the ornament to make balls. A lot has to do with having a decent recipe, I've found ;) The right combo. Seriously, at least with the ornaments it is more the consistancy of the the mix than the technique. Because when it is the right consistancy, it works and when it isn't it won't.

What happens when you try to make a full ball? Does it fall apart or stick in the mold, etc?