Painted soap?

SoapDiva

I came across a vendor at a craft sale (it was a vendor selling wood items and various crafty things) and she was selling painted bars of soap.

I've never EVER seen colors like this. In fact, I personally beleive that these were commercial paints and NOT soap paints. They even had a crackling effect on them.

There was a note on them saying to use them from the bottom up (they were commercially made bars with a deco painting on the other side) and not to get the top wet! WTF?

They LOOKED fantastic, but didn't seem safe to me at all! Is anyone aware of a legit technique like this? It was NOT printed paper embedded into the soap either. You could see the brush strokes like it was an oil painting.

Paint that is made for soaps is a PITA to use. It is time consuming to get it on your soap, and takes layer after layer after layer to get any kind of the color to really show. This, from your descritption, does not sound like soap paint. I'd be leery of purchasing it.

Painting soap sucks. I hated it and won't do it again.

Another example of idiots trying to make a buck at the expense of consumer health.

I do believe it would be totally different if the soap in question was labeled "for decorative use ONLY", not for human consumption or something like that, but suggesting bottom up? Huh? I dunno about ya'll, but I can't hang onto soap by one side alone and I certainly don't want to drop the soap trying to hold onto just the bottom.