My Site -- Big Problem

Soapymomma

Does anyone on here use XCart Gold shopping cart for their site?

My designer was uploading some files and my site crashed. The only help seems to be through a two day wait -- ticket system. NO phone help is offered. This is not a FREE shopping cart sytem. I guess you never really know how good or not so good a system is until you are in the middle of a crisis. I am so bummed. Things have been going really well and now this! :mad:

I did not need this right when the busy season is beginning to really jump. WAAAAA!

If anyone knows about adding static pages and changing files in this shopping cart, please give any advice you might have.

TIA

Soapymomma

Thank you,

Ok, here is what was done.

We had an error in the back of the cart - a page did not load properly and prevented us from using necessary functions. I looked through the forums for a similar error, did not find one. The most common cause of the type of error we had is truncated files from the original upload. It made sense to try to replace the majority of the site files with the originals - last ditch troubleshooting rule is to try to return things to the state they were in to begin with, when it should have worked.

I re-uploaded all of the site file folders, EXCEPT the ones that would have customized stuff in them (template folders, image folders, etc), and of course, I did not overwrite the config file. I have verified, the config file was not touched, the correct database info is still in it.

We now get an error that most people on the forums have solved by correcting problems within the config file. But the config file has NOT changed. And the other files were merely written over with fresh copies of themselves - this wasn't an upgrade or anything else like that.

No one can tell me whether there are other files that may affect the database, and no one is saying whether there is a second config file - the info on the forums does not make reference to one.

Soapymomma

what exactly is the error you get? your store is turned off now in the config so I cant see te error. another thing is that you may really want to consider a different host, a 48 hour wait for a critical problem on a business website is insane.