Do any of you do

SaraScribbles

Do any of you do a scent of the month thing? Like doing a six month or year thing where the order it, and you ship out the cooresponding (sp) candle each month?

We've been thinking about doing it, but the thing thats stopping us is the cost of shipping, and whether the customers would want to pay the outrageous amount.

Any suggestions from the pro's?

Thanks so much for all you help, and sorry about the way the questions worded; I'm just really tired!

Hugs,

Sara

I have been pondering this over and over this week. I am working on my website and wanted to do something like that but can't get my price low enough because of shipping too. What size candles were you going to offer. I thought 8 oz. JJ. I was also thinking of a doz votives. That would be alot cheaper to make. Hope more chime in here.

I do a scent of the month at some stores that I have my candles in.

I mark them down $2.00. It has boosted my sales on certain scents.

This summer my Honeysuckle was not selling as well as I would have liked... So I made it scent of the month and now I can't keep it stocked on my shelf...

I use my website more as a bulliten board, not so much for sales.

So I do not have to ship my candles out to often.

Hey all,

After posting this question last night, I did a google search to check out some other candle sites that do it. Some of them have different options, (votives, jar, ect) and all charge shipping. Can remember one that charges 13 and change for the candle and $5 shipping (for each candle).

She did something that I hadn't thought of; instead of getting all the money up front, she charges the cc for that months candle and shipping on the first day of each month. Doing it that way may be easier for some people who don't have the money up front.

I may consider doing it that way as I think it may slide right by some people about how much they are actually spending on shipping ~ since it's an every month thing.

What do ya'll think?