order never arrive at destination

artcwolf

First let me say I LOVE my local USPS folks - they really go the extra mile.

BUT they told me that in most cases, boxes that go out from our main PO (the ones picked up at my door go from there) don't ever get scanned into the system. and they are right - the boxes often don't ever hit the system at all yet they get delivered. (so far no issues with delivery)

at my little local PO the guy scans them into the system as the cross his counter - so when possible/reasonable I prefer to drop off packages to him, even if I've done click 'n ship, than have them picked up.

A good enough reason why you shouldn't rely on the good ole USPS. :rolleyes2

Fedex or UPS is the way to go, insurance and tracking are added for NO additional cost, unlike USPS who charges you for everything.

I work for a small college and I prefer UPS to USPS any day of the week!! With all of their new rules and regulations, it is totally confusing. Personally, unless it is a flat rate box or a regular #10 envelope, I don't deal with USPS - and even then, if I need insurance or confirmation of delivery, I just send UPS.

I sent a bubble envelope with a shoe shine kit in it to my son at college. Since I work near the mail room in the college, I put postage on it and sent it with the college mail. We send packages like that all the time from the college...well, maybe not shoe shine kits, but you get the idea...lol

I go to my personal post office one day and there is my package. The postmaster told me that since it was over 13 ounces, I couldn't just "drop mail" it - due to homeland security...:confused: Now, I have to admit that I haven't even gotten on their wonderfully easy website to figure this out....

Next time, UPS........