order never arrive at destination

artcwolf

has anyone ever had an order shipped priority not arrive at it's destination?

We shipped an order out on the 11th, and got an e-mail last ngiht the customer still hasn't gotten the order. DW did not insure it or add confirmaiton onto it, our fault i know, but to me something jst doesn't sit right....

Don't even get me started! :mad: I had a CT member send me a priority mail box from 70 miles away from me. It never made it. We had tracking and when we tracked it, it was listed as undeliverable, the address had gotten pulled off of it.

They told us we would have to contact the office where they send undeliverable packages, which was somewhere up north, I forget. We had the tracking number. We contacted them and got NO response. We sent letters no response. They also have a neat little policy that if they don't find the owner within I believe 30 days (may be less) they destroy the package.

We contacted them in plenty of time and not once did they respond. I think they just pick and choose and because my package smelled good, I am sure the label just fell off. The sender also acknowledged she had the label on securely and it only had to go 70 miles!!

Going from VA to WV...i'm hoping the customer shows up at the next fair with $ in hand saying the package showed up.

Was it going to a state affected by the hurricanes. It's possible that it's just running late.

A few years ago I sent a box priority from VA to my home in CA and it took 3 1/2 weeks to arrive. They couldn't explain why it took so long.

I am dealing with a priority situation now . . .Sent a package out priority mail on the 15th from Ohio to Florida. The customer has not received her order and I have been trying to track it for 3 days - the USPS tracking sucks, to say the least. My customer has called me everyday since Thursday. I am hoping it arrives to her on Monday. I checked the USPS site Friday and there were a few places in Ohio and Kentucky that PO's were closed down from the after affects of Ike but they are back up now. It was a large order and I am hoping it is located soon :(

I had this same problem some time ago. Every time I would ship a package to family members in another state the packages never made it regardless of whatever family member/address in that state/city I shipped to. I would insure the hell out of the package which I got paid for but that was not the point. I wanted my packages to get to the intended party! Someone in the main post office must have liked my stuff and kept stealing it. I finally filed several complaints with the Post Master General. Since that time, not one package has gone missing and they arrive within 48 hours of shipping. I'm glad I always added insurance and tracking.

Hopefully yours is one of those packages that is taking the scenic route and will make it there soon.

When I received my first order from my website about 7 years ago, I poured the candles and shipped, WITHOUT INS. & DEL. CONF. Of course, she emailed said she never got it. I sent another one and since that day, there is not an order that goes out without delivery confirmation.

Lesson learned.....even my CT classy orders go with delivery confirmation.....

I ship large orders via UPS GROUND and it comes with tracking and $100 in insurance and if the order is more than $100 I get more insurance.

CYA!

Carrie

I uses USPS' Click N Ship to print out my postage. You get a small discount and free delivery confirmation when you have an account. I've never had a package get "lost". I think the delivery confirmation has a lot to do with it. :)

I'd give it another week or two before refunding her money or resending the order. It might show still show up.

I, personally, would not give a refund, but would re-send a package out. I had to do that once. There's no reason a refund should be given in that instance. You don't have proof that the package didn't arrive. I can't think of many (any?) businesses that would refund the money on an item that shipped simply because the recipient said they didn't get it. They would re-send the order instead.

Bummer, though.

Brenda

I also live in Ohio and my order arrived to FLA in 2 days. I was shocked when I have orders in MO and they take 3-4 days.

It could very well be the hurricane.We had alot of damage where I live and our PO was closed 5 days so I just left it at my mailbox for my carrier to pick up.I live 1 1/2 miles from the closest PO but the area I live my PO is 10 miles. So if someone damages my mailbox I have to drive the 10 miles to pick up our mail.

LynnS

I just got word someone who bought off the classies from me last week hasn't gotten theirs either. The confirmation doesn't even show it went anywhere at all. I'm wondering if there's some backups from the hurricane? Is there a central USPS hub or anything? Like FedEx is in Memphis?

Brenda

I also live in Ohio and my order arrived to FLA in 2 days. I was shocked when I have orders in MO and they take 3-4 days.

It could very well be the hurricane.We had alot of damage where I live and our PO was closed 5 days so I just left it at my mailbox for my carrier to pick up.I live 1 1/2 miles from the closest PO but the area I live my PO is 10 miles. So if someone damages my mailbox I have to drive the 10 miles to pick up our mail.

LynnS

Update on my missing package . . .Between my customer and myself we have both been in contact with our PO's and each other daily. Got a call from customer yesterday the package finally arrived at her Florida PO damaged and dripping #!!#@@ !!! Flat rate box packed tightly with bubble wrap, peanuts and paper. Her order was smelly jellies and tarts, I can only imagine the demise without having seen it. I instructed her to refuse the box and have it returned to me so my PO and I could both review the damaged package. I am certain that all contents in the package are a complete loss. I am refilling the order and resending at my cost. If I can salvage any of the products from the container I will on my end. CS is my main priority. Insurance was not selected :( . Lesson learned . . .ALWAYS without an option to the customer include both insurance and delivery confirmation !!! Potential product value lost $135.00 . . .lesson learned priceless :cry2:

I am suspecting field hockey as a past time for PO employees was the culprit, smelly jellies lost - :tiptoe:

Sad part is not all the items sent can be resent. They were the last of a few items. I wish it was that easy, but alas not everything at our store is a candle. We might be able to resend some of it, though i'll talk to DW. If that's the case we can give the person those items at faire this weekend...

I, personally, would not give a refund, but would re-send a package out. I had to do that once. There's no reason a refund should be given in that instance. You don't have proof that the package didn't arrive. I can't think of many (any?) businesses that would refund the money on an item that shipped simply because the recipient said they didn't get it. They would re-send the order instead.

Bummer, though.

DW talked to the customer yesterday and she's not to upset, and she's very understanding. She called herself a kid waiting on christmas, looking for the package. She said she'd be at the faire this weekend and we'll do some talking more then and might be able to work out something then.

Turned out to be an issue at the PO here for me.

If you print online you get delivery confirmation socool.

That I know, but you still have to pay additional for insurance, UPS and FedEx does not charge additional for these. Also delivery confirmation is not tracking, fededx and ups have tracking to let you know where your package is while in transit.

I've had way too many problems with usps in the past. In the last 10 years I've had one problem with fedex and 2 with ups. While using usps, I had over a dozen. That says a lot.

An example, I received this package long ago, but as of today, it still says this:

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7494 **** ****

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 4, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

And another one I have received already:

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7495 **** ****

There is no record of this item.

grey_dot.gif

This one doesn't even appear to exist, but I received it last week. Both priority mail.

If they are offering this track and confirm, they may want to update their tracking regularly then. Still a service I will not use to ship anything with. it does not appear to be reliable.