Is there ANY link between making candles and doing upholstery?

leenabug

Reading all these threads and trying to juggle the two, has got me to thinking? Is there a common thread/link to doing upholstery work and making candles?

I know the fact that they are both done by hand, but is there a name for that? I have done upholstery work for 12 years and had wanted to slowly start doing candles beacause of the physical aspect. But I can't seem to decrease interest in upholstery work, it seems that it is a dying craft/skill. But I really like doing the candles. :(

It has really gotten on my nerves lately trying to juggle both businesses and I was wondering if there was a way I could roll everything over into one business and be done with it! What is a name for making things with your hands or by hand? (other than handmade, because you would never say upholstery work is handmade, that is big no-no, suppose to be a skill) Sigh ... more I think about it the more impossible, no way do those 2 things have something in common?! Are they both "accents" or "home decor" ?

That's a tough one. I was thinking maybe doing something like "Interiors by Leenabug" or whatever name you wanted to use. And then have a secondary line with something like Upholstry and Scentworks for the modern home.. or Upholstry and Scentworks for Your Country Home.. or you get the drift. Just an idea, feel free to ignore it LOL! :)

Lol! that was worth it for the laughs! I doN't know why I didn't think of the word interiors! That is the closest thing to a reasonable "alikeness" I've heard! Thanks! I mean after all there is a candle company called "Home Interior" duh..........Ever once in a blue moon , I will do drapes or coverlets, so that would fit right in...........Okay now how do I use the word "interiors" ?