Rip in Silicone mold?

Does anyone have an idea how to seal a rip in a silicone mold? I've been trying everything. The sad thing is I only used it twice before and really like it. It has a slit down the side already, but when I went to take it out, it just ripped clear to the side. Any Hope? Thanks, Kim.

Try lining up the rips and use rubber band to hold them together.

Not sure exactly what kind of mold this is. but I have had rip my molds that already had slit and ripped it further.

If it was possibly the mold maker's fault that they slit it to far

and caused this, then you should contact the maker and see what can be done.

HTH

Meg

Hi Meg,

It's a soft blue one. I can't remember where I got it, I have alot. The way it is ripped the rubber bands don't help, and glue melts. But thanks! I do hate to lose this one! Full size apple. By the way, my wax is suppose to come in today. Can't wait! Yea!

Hi Meg,

It's a soft blue one. I can't remember where I got it, I have alot. The way it is ripped the rubber bands don't help, and glue melts. But thanks! I do hate to lose this one! Full size apple. By the way, my wax is suppose to come in today. Can't wait! Yea!

YAY on your wax coming today!! :yay:

Bummer if you don't know who made your mold. hmm I can't think of any other solution other than to buy another one LOL sorry had to say that.

Hope others who experienced the worst would chime in for ya.

Meg

Hi Meg,

I have many hundreds of molds, alot with rips. The rubber bands don't necessarily have to completely close the mold, as long as they hold it CLOSE, the silicone is usually pretty forgiving and you can usually get good pours even from ripped molds. You might want to try to get a good piece from it, and find a moldmaker to make you another mold from that piece....in the event it splits so far that your wax leaks out. Another suggestion, just in CASE it IS split TOO far.......be sure to put it ON something when you pour (an old cookie sheet, piece of aluminum foil with the edges curled up or something like that - ask me how I know this) lol

This is just a thought, but what about using household silicone on the outside of the mold to see if it would hold. I use the clear silicone and bath silicone to hold in my wicks like a lot of other people and it would with stand the heat from the mold.

Pam F