Heat sale?

Georgia

Taking inventory after the heat fest yesterday I find that almost all of my pillars have some funkiness. They are shrink wrapped so some of the colors just bled inside the wrap. Most of the frosting is gone from the rustics. I was thinking of setting them on a separate table at my next show as a 'heat sale'. They look a little funny, but still smell good. Is it a good idea or bad idea?

Personally, I make pillars for the looks, but most everyone seems to smell them first, then look at the colors, textures, etc so maybe they wouldn't care that they look funky?

Can't you cut them up and make some sort of wax "crumbles" out of them that could be sold as melts or vacuum fresheners?

I think it's a bad idea to sell products in a less than desirable state as you have described. If it was only a little nick or something, then maybe a scratch and dent sale would be ok, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a real messed up candle, unless you're selling them for a quarter or something, and if that's the case, what's the point--you'd still be losing money on them.

I think I'd unwrap them, smooth and blend with my fingers (wipe the fingers with a paper towel each time I wipe the pillar) and let them air dry. If all is well, I'd shrink wrap them again. You can come up with some beautiful, unique pillars this way and maybe save remelting and starting over.

I have remelted multi colored pillars....initially the wax was kinda gray....green...whatever and made some really pretty ones ofter just adding a couple more drops of some color to the wax. The last one I did like this...turned out so cool!! I had comments on how cool it looked and of course I could not duplicate it to save my life!