Anything like Select Shades for Candles?

I don't understand your question.

We have over 280 fragrances on our list, and at least 270 different colors to go with them. I have only 10 different color dyes, which I combine in different combinations to get the colors.

Is that what "Select Shades" does?

Fredron

I don't understand your question.

We have over 280 fragrances on our list, and at least 270 different colors to go with them. I have only 10 different color dyes, which I combine in different combinations to get the colors.

Is that what "Select Shades" does?

Fredron

Yes, that is what Select Shades does. There are 8 colors that you can combine to make countless other colors. But its for soaps and b&B. I was just wondering if there was anything out there like that for candles, already premade, with color charts, etc. But I see that I iwll just have to do it the regular way.

Well Z just use liquid dyes. No exact charts out there that say 1 part electric kiwi, 1 part whatever etc. Those are the formulas you kind of end up developing on your own give the different waxes, color of FO (which may affect how white a candle is) etc.

Once upon a time I had some color charts that gave me an idea, but more than once upon a time I had computer crashes too and those links are gone.

They say you can make anything with the primary colors ... cept I'll tell you to buy black, because I never could make a true enough black with all the liquid colors.

They say you can make anything with the primary colors ... cept I'll tell you to buy black, because I never could make a true enough black with all the liquid colors.

I'll add brown to that mix too. Darkens up reds and oranges very well.

I have only 8 colors - red, green, blue, purple, orange, yellow, black and coffee. Some of my color recipes are a tiny, tinsy bit of orange or purple, for a barely there tint - hence I bought those.

Black of course as you mentioned.

Got coffee later when it was suggested here to turn red darker.

I've gotten lazy enough that I think I've bought them all lol.

Yep, a drop of brown in red and you can get that purty blood red and a variety of other colors.

Peak just had a sale and I finally bought some more. I gotta say, I love that burgandy/mauve color and never could match it. Fortunately don't gotta now.