Crystal Palm and wicking....

We are testing and I think I am way off on the the wick size. I started with an LX22 (3x4 crystal palm pillar) and I have a nice circle the size of a quarter burning down the middle....lol

Any suggestions on what size LX I should be testing with this size pillar? Does anyone having any wicks they would like to sell that you think may be closer to what I need? The LX22 was the highest I had and I don't want to buy a 100 of each of the next sizes...lol (Hmmm, now I am wondering if it was an LX20 I tested...need to check my records!)

I really love this wax - thanks all for giving me the courage to try it!

Thanks!

Jane

Hi Jane, did you find a solution for getting pillars out of molds?

I use a 30 ply flat braid, for most of my palm pillars, and it works really fine!

I tested some CSN wicks (made just for palm waxes) but i couldn't find relevant differences against the flat braid.

Have fun!

Thanks, Circle...Hi Sabrina!

Yes, I "lightly" heat-gunned it and it came right out - and it is gorgeous. Now I just have to wick it right...lol The two votives I did were not as cooperative, but I did get them out...I just used the gun a little longer than I should have so the design was not as pretty....

Thanks for the wick ideas :D

Once more... palm wax does NOT burn the same way as other waxes... it burns straight down, then out. It takes time for the walls to catch up to the depth. I use a CDN 14 (depending on FO) for this size pillar. Let it burn for 3 hours for each burn testing period. Do not try to judge what the wicking is gonna do in the first burn or two with palm wax...

Good luck. :)

I've been test burning a 3x4 feather wax (palm) pillar on and off all day. It is doing very, very well with an HTP 105 wick.

I have CSN 12 & 14 wicks on order (coming monday), and I'll be trying the same pillar with a CSN 14 then. I am hoping they burn similarly - and also hoping that the CSN wicks help with the hot throw. This one is OK, but I think it could be better.

ETA - If you want LX wicks, I would start with an LX24 for a 3" diameter palm pillar. But I'm still learning palm - so take that with a grain of salt.