POP color mixing

Candybee

Okay I am new to using dry powders to color my soap. Up to now I have been using liquid dye. What do you all mix your micas with so they will blend into your soap? I made a batch and just sprinkled the dry color on top and it took forever to blend it. Or I thought it was blended until I unmolded my finished soap and say color specks on it.

So what do you all do to mix your colored micas? Do you mix them first with water or oil or something so they will blend easily? And if yes how much?

Thanks.

I had the same problem -then started to pre-mix the powder with approx. 1 tsp. glycerine and then added it to the soap. It worked alot better but you gotta mix it until the cows come home!!

Same here. I couldn't get it to blend (well, regular micas, not pop) in FO as suggested, and since I add glycerine I started using that, I still have to stir like crazy and I might get a fleck or two here and there, but much less than using FO as the medium.

One thing I did learn about it is that if I pop the base mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds the specks tended to disolve a little better-- just not completely as I found out. Its a trick I learned when using liquids and little flakes of dried liquid dye would come off the little bottles and fall into the soap batch. I would pop my batch into the microwave and the dye flakes disolved easier.