Aroma-Lite Wicks by Wicks Unlimited.....Anyone Use These?

Cissy

Hmmm interesting. What do they consider a high level of fo, your wax has specs for fo load, so are you wanting to add more fo than the specified amount? You will need an additive for that as well. You will run into more problems if that is the case. If you are buying good fragrance oils you will be able to cut back on the fo load,with good results.

Do they specify a wax that these wicks work best with?

A candle is more than a wick, sooooooo I would be cautious of their claims, as it is the wax, fo,dye etc... alll of these things are going to have an effect on your final product. You don't want to overload your wax with fragrance oil. That is not to say that it is not a good wick, or do some testing with them but at the same time I would not purchase a wick just so I could add more fo to my wax. Hope this is helpful. There is alot of info on fo load in this section.

It doesn't sound like claims are being made. Some wicks, I've found (like Eco's, for example) work MUCH better than others in burning tougher oils and/or higher levels of fragrance load. Maybe it's the wick construction but, Eco's seem to be the ONLY wicks that have burned some of my tougher, higher load oils/candles without drowning (and I've tried every wick under the sun...haven't tried these Aroma Lite ones yet).

But, I don't think they are making claims. Just simply that maybe because of their construction they are able to burn tougher oils. Call them up and ask for some samples. They are usually pretty generous.

redundant don't you think?

Interesting observation on the eco's though. I'll have to test some.

No, because FO is rated at 1oz.pp for example, regardless of "heavyness" of the FO, the weight amount is still the same.

A higher load means MORE FO, regardless of whether it's thick or not, because it won't matter... 1.5oz pp is still 1.5 oz. pp. It just takes less by volume.

No, because FO is rated at 1oz.pp for example, regardless of "heavyness" of the FO, the weight amount is still the same.

A higher load means MORE FO, regardless of whether it's thick or not, because it won't matter... 1.5oz pp is still 1.5 oz. pp. It just takes less by volume.

She never mentioned heaviness of fo, just level, in my mind, that means load. My bad . Now go make some candles. LOL

Pwillow2, are you saying the ECO and Aroma Lite wicks are one and the same? Thanks.

No sorry....CandleRookie had mentioned Eco's and then you was asking about samples..early in the morning before cofee.. LOL My brain got off topic and was having a moment I guess....:embarasse

I have never played with any aroma-lite wicks but I am curious..

Emily

No sorry....CandleRookie had mentioned Eco's and then you was asking about samples..early in the morning before cofee.. LOL My brain got off topic and was having a moment I guess....:embarasse

I have never played with any aroma-lite wicks but I am curious..

Emily

Me too. Guess I won't be happy until I have tested every wick made by man... :D