Review on ginger & bamboo from C&S $5 lb....

leisa2003

I poured yesterday, and burned today, Black Ginger & Bamboo scent that I just got from candleandsupplies.com $5 lb. sale.

This is SOOOO awesome in my soy wax after just 1 day cure time. I use 1oz. pp.

Well worth the $5 I paid!!!:D

Have yet to test.. vanilla cream mint, and grapefruit & tea.

Well I have the grapefruit & tea burning upstairs, and although you can smell it in a large bedroom, its not TO strong. The tea seems to be overpowering the grapefruit in this one.

Have vanilla cream mint... in the bathroom, and that has just a slight mint smell to it, the creaminess is really overpowering on this one. I do really like this, since its not a strong minty smell, but you can smell it.

Did you order any other of the sale fo's? I ordered and poured 5 but have not burned them yet. They do not seem to be terribly strong? What do you think?

The strongest one I got was the black ginger & bamboo....I really like this, its a nice soft clean scent.

The grapefruit & tea, is definately a light scent.

The vanilla cream mint, smells more of a creamiest something, then anything.

I figure, if any are too light for my wax, then I'll use for potpourri.

Which ones did you get ???

I got the ginger melon, vanilla pear, I am not home so I cant remember the exact names of the other three...I have poured all of them and will let you know. I just poured a couple of days ago, and they smell really good but not strong? I will let you know the others I bought and how they throw when I try one. All of the ones I got really smell good, just not as strong as I like for soy. Hopefully they will throw well?

Hmmmm!!!

What wax are you using?

I'm not sure c & s's oils are all tested in soy. And I know these oils we've bought from the $5 sale, aren't from their normal line. Just the chance we take with them.:cry2:

If this helps you much, many "cheaper" vanillas I have tried,.. I seem to never get a good throw with.

I would use this oil in incence, or in your warmers as a liquid potpourri, if its not throwing good.:2cents:

Do you have others to still test?

Opps! I forgot to mention, I am burning now, Grapefruit & Tea that I got from this sale and it is doing good now in my soy. I smell the grapefruit in this one, but I had added a little stearic acid and coconut oil to this candle.

I use several C&S oils for my soap mostly and a couple I have used for my parasoy blend candles. I find their oils to be more miss than hit in my candles but many of them work well in my M&P soaps and lotions.

The two I found that work well in soy are Bayberry Apple Spice and Ginger Peach. Their Amish Harvest is a huge seller always out of stock when I shop for their oils so I never got to try it.

The Black Ginger & Bamboo sounds like a good one.