glycerin VS. hydrovance

FunFlames

I have both products and wanted to know if anyone has used the hydrovance (WSP). I know glycerin adds bubbly lather and wondered if hydrovance did the same. I don't have the time right now to test as I am heading out of town and need soap for my trip.

If anyone has any info they would like to share I'd appreciate it.

If not I will test when I return and let you all know.

TIA

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I made up a batch of soap...

1 lb SFIC shea base

3 T canned goats milk (left concentrated)

1 tsp CO

1 tsp grapeseed oil

1 tsp fresh linen FO from NG

I took 1/2 of this batch and added 1/2 tsp glycerin and the other 1/2 I put in 1/2 tsp of hydrovance. I made one bar of each. I had a bit left of each so I mixed it together and made a smaller bar.

I unmolded the bars a bit ago and washed my hands with the mixed bar... it is really nice. I hadn't done anything yet with GM so this is my first experience.

I will post again after I test the 2 different bars to see if the hydrovance and glycerin have the same properties. I am hoping to get a nice bubbly lather from both.

Have a great day

Danielle

I purchased both at WSP...

glycerin is 3.50 for 16oz

hydrovance is 3.95 for the same size bottle

They say hydrovance isn't sticky... so you can use a bit more with out that issue. Hydrovance is a bit thinner, not so syrupy!

I bought the hydrovance just to test it. If I like it I will decide which to keep.

HTH

I have used the soap with hydrovance in it for a few days.... wasn't too impressed. This was the first time I added GM so I wasn't sure what too expect. This morning I tried the one with glycerin.... big difference. Way more bubbly lather. I am going to use it a few more days, then go back to the hydrovance, then try the bar with both.

I will keep you updated.

P.S. I LOVE the GM. It makes my skin so soft and smooth and there is NO need for lotion! I love it!

I was just playing with all 3 bars...

I have come to an unexpected conclusion. I was not thrilled with the hydrovance, glycerin was better....the bar with both is the BEST.

I just had all 3 at the sink. Used the same hand washing method, same temp water, same everything. The bar with both had the best bubbly lather of the 3. I was NOT expecting that.

I am going to take that bar in the shower for a few days and see what I think of it that way.

This has been a very interesting and eye opening experience!!

I was just playing with all 3 bars...

I have come to an unexpected conclusion. I was not thrilled with the hydrovance, glycerin was better....the bar with both is the BEST.

I just had all 3 at the sink. Used the same hand washing method, same temp water, same everything. The bar with both had the best bubbly lather of the 3. I was NOT expecting that.

I am going to take that bar in the shower for a few days and see what I think of it that way.

This has been a very interesting and eye opening experience!!

So how was it in the shower?? Still get the great lather?

Shower was all bubbly! It actually is really nice.... nice bubbles but you also get that creamy lather too.

I am gonna take all 3 bars in tomorrow and test that way too.

I do know though that the hydrovance does not add bubbly lather like the glycerin does.

Keep ya all posted

Danielle

Man did I waste the water this morning!!:grin2:

I kept going back and forth from one bar to the other. I still feel the hydrovance is the least bubbly, then the glycerin and the best still is the mix.

They all leave my skin feeling the same. So as far as hydrating properties I feel they are equal. From what I have learned I will most likely continue to use the 2 products together.

I hope my soap ramblings help someone! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Have a great one

Danielle

Hey Danielle! Thanks for the information and the experiments! These are the kinds of things that are helpful when we're not sure what to try next in our soap making extravaganzas! :) Sounds like it will be worth it to try the hydrovance along with the multitude of other additives that I toss in the pot :D I for one appreciate your willingness to share! Thank you!

You are welcome.... I have learned so much from the people on this board. So much from you in regards to M&P. I feel if I can give a bit back, to assist someone else, then I will.

I do really like the addition of the GM. It makes a big difference in my skin.

Danielle