Ideas for products at a Bed & Breakfast

Jooniper

I was attending my grandmothers 90th birthday :party: and was catching up with a distant cousin. I told him about the shop and he says " You know I own 5 hotels...you should put your soaps in the B&B's". I could have fallen off the chair. So anyway, 2 of these 5 are indeed Inn's or B&B and high end. Of course I am thinking smaller soaps and body products. Should the soaps be wrapped completely? boxed? I was thinking the Oatmeal and Honey soap for neutrality. I really don't know what to present to them. My creativity has gone _____________. Should I offer private label? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Elizabeth

I would definately go private label for them (they love private label). I have a resort that uses my soaps, lotions and special baskets of body butters, sprays, and so on. We use 1/2 bars of soap for them. Looks like a full size only half as thick. We shrink wrap them with the soap bands from MMS and put thier private label we designed for them on each one. We also supply them with full size bars. They order 1 oz, 2oz and 4oz lotions also. They have complete lodges you can rent.....4-5 bedrooms with 4-5 bathrooms. We do 32oz pumpable shower gels for every shower and foamer soaps at every sink. We use 2 different signature scents for them (one is very feminine and the other unisex). Every shower and bath is stocked with our products and then there are gift baskets of our high end products in every bathroom. Since it is Private Label all the labels say......Made Exclusively for__________ by (our contact info) I would try working with them on a signature scent.....something that is unisex.

FCS sells a wonderful B&B soap mold set that makes soaps the perfect size for hotels. I have it and love it. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny. Southern Soapers sells soap boxes that are perfect for the soaps made in that mold.

I would not do any scent or color in the soap unless specifically asked to do so. Some people don't want scent in their soap so I'd stay very neutral on that and avoid it.

You can also do small bottles of lotion, room & body sprays and maybe even a shower gel or liquid soap.

I have the FCS B&B mold and cutters also..........but everyone thinks they are too small. What you might want to do is go to FCS website and get the dimensions of the B&B bars and cut a bar to that size so you have that size to also show them and offer. The SS guest bar boxes are very cute!

I sell to a couple of B&Bs. I use the small guest size soap boxes from Southern Soapers. They are adorable. But I use a guest soap mold instead of the expensive one mentioned here. The soap is a tray mold and the soap comes out scored so its easy to cut. You can get the molds at milky way molds or mold market. They are about $8. Then I stamp them with my custom soap stamp so they have my biz name on them. I do make them custom labels for their B&B.

I also sell to a Bed and Breakfast. Some of the best connections I have made have been through them. The Bed and Breakfast doesn't sell all that much, but the people that stay there are from all over.

I had made them melt and pour soaps in that tray last mentioned, then score the soaps and cut them, wrap them in regular paper, with a picture of the Inn on them, plus my info on the back.

I talked them in to our cold process, that we had cut in to small bars and then put bands on them. They emailed me yesterday and didn't like them as well. So we are going back to the melt and pour. No difference to me, but I was hoping to sell some bars of cold process.

We also have foaming soaps in the rooms, with their label on them. They also carry foaming body wash, if someone doesn't want the bar of soap.