Any other suggestions would be appreciated

sharig

Okay ya'll,

Here's the situation. I have a craft fair next weekend: 3 day show, I have never been to, but it's an established fair. Estimated crowd is b/t 10 - 15,000.

There are over 150 vendors and 5 chandlers, to include myself. I don't have any expectations of how I will do. I know it just depends. I'm okay with that. Some of the smallest shows, I have done the best on.

Anyway, I have tried to come up with a variety of scents to bring with me and a variety of jars. I made quite a bit of the 8 oz masons, as they are usually my best seller. Then I did some of the 12 oz. squares, and the 12 oz status (glass glow) in the more popular scents I have.

I figure, this is the first show of the season for me, and hopefully whatever I have left after this fair, I could get rid of at other shows during the season.

My question is, am I missing anything? I have Bakery, Popular Dupes (Lovespell, Clean Cotton, etc) Fall Scents, Christmas Scents, and then Spa Scents (Lavender, Euclyptus, etc.)

I know depending on where we are throughout the country, some are better scents than others. But I'm just trying to cover all the bases. I figured I would do a couple gift baskets as well, that way I could hopefully get some special orders for the holidays.

But does anyone else have any other suggestions...am I missing anything that is staring me in the face. I'm good at that, get so wrapped up in everything, I forget the stupidest thing.

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Shari

Chauna,

I didn't do any florals just b/c they didn't do very well for me in the spring. But as for the fruity, I didn't think of that. I'll have to look as see what I have...I know I have some Wildberry Mousse, Cantelope, Strawberry, and oh...Blueberry Cheesecake; that always does well (I guess that's bakery huh?)

I was thinking of doing a coffee scent that I have, but then I get into the beverages dept. and honestly, I haven't done much testing in that dept. besides the coffee. So, that will have to wait.

You know what my problem is....I'm ahead of the game and I have too much time on my hands. Usually I'm running around a couple night before hand, pouring like a mad women. Just b/c life seems to get in the way of my candles!

As of right now I have 9 cases of masons and b/t squares and status another 3 cases. My display is already organized. My totes are packed with all my "essentials" (calculater, receipts, buisness cards, etc.)

But thank you for the advice, and I guess I will be pouring some fruity stuff this weekend.

Shari

I'm not sure there will be alot of interest in Christmas during Labor Day weekend.

If it were me, I'd have some Mango Papaya and some sort of apple scent. As for floral, I would suggest a gardenia scent at least. I hate florals, but I do carry Magnolia, Gardenia and Freesia.

There's a sticky at the top of this forum on tips for craft shows. It has a lot of great info if you haven't read it already its good reading for anyone doing craft shows.

Also, don't rule out fall and Christmas scents! I'm doing a show this weekend and had several people asking for fall scents and telling me they were Christmas shopping. I sold a lot of gingerbread, cinnamon, apple, and pumpkin scented items today! The only florals that were selling were lavender and patchouli.

I read the sticky on top some time ago, I think I even printed it out to make sure I didn't forget anything. I'm kind of a list person, that way I know when I have what I need, I cross it off the list.

Also, I thought about doing the Christmas b/c I've already got people calling in orders for gift baskets for Christmas presents.

I've done some Apple Jack & Peel (that's always a great seller), pumpkin souffle, BNB, etc....

I appreciate all the suggestions, and keep them coming!

Thanks so much for all the advice,

Shari

Nope, you didn't overlook it. To be honest, I don't even have any of those scents! I have soooo many FO's that I swore I was not adding anything new.

Well, now I have an excuse to tell the hubby why I'll be ordering more FO's :D !

Thanks Scented!

Shari

Nope, you didn't overlook it. To be honest, I don't even have any of those scents! I have soooo many FO's that I swore I was not adding anything new.

Well, now I have an excuse to tell the hubby why I'll be ordering more FO's :D !

Thanks Scented!

Shari

LOL! Don't hate me Shari's hubby.