Too much FO - maybe not blended enough?

I have been making candles in frosted containers all along and the company that I order from sent me clear ones on accident - so I have been using those clear containers as testers. I made two batches of candles last night and while looking at the containers, it seems as if the color changes a little bit about 1/5" at the bottom. If you use too much FO or if it is not blended enough, does the FO sit at the bottom or pool at the top? Or, could it just be the shadow of the container?

What I am using:

IGI 4627

FO: Ocean Mist, ICS, 10%

FO2: Spiced Cranberry, CS, 8%

Heated wax to 195 degrees, added FO, stirred for 5 minutes on both batches, cooled to 180 degrees and poured.

I realize that 10% is a lot for an FO but the Ocean Mist just wasn't throwing much at 6%, 8% or 9%. I decided to try 10.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!

Allison

Okay - just thought that I would correct something: it really isn't even 1/5th of an inch, it is probably closer to 1/7"...and the one candle has a tiny air bubble and in looking at that closely, it just looks like wax behind the bubble - not oily or anything. Just thought that I would add that...

Thanks again,

Allison

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but if oil is separating out and collecting at the bottom, it wouldn't be just in that one spot. If I have a heavy oil that I didn't get mixed in good, I can see it all over the bottom. Turn the candle over and look at the bottom; you should be able to see the liquid smushed against the glass by the wax if you have seepage. The ones I have had trouble with have been mostly vanillas, so they are yellowish and really show up if you're looking for it. I've heard of some people having droplets of oil seeping out onto the top surface of the candle, but I've never had that happen.

No...there isn't any seepage at all...it's just a slight shade darker. Maybe it is the shadow of the container and I am just being paranoid. Thank you for your response. :)

Oh - and I do not add any color to my candles, so it is just the natural wax color with FO.

Allison