Curing Soap

brempel

I made a batch of cp yesterday. Usually it gels and sets up in no time. I put it in the oven yesterday with the light on as usual. This morning it is hard sot of on top but not set up yet. I have never had this happen before. Will it harden yet?

br

Just depends. If you used the same recipe and are absolutely sure you didn't inadvertantly forget something or mis-weigh, it should set up. I'd give it another day and see what happens but usually in my case if it's my tried and true recipes and it does something way out of the norm...it's usually something I missed. It happens. Other option is did you use a new FO? That could also cause an issue.

I used a new recipe. I hope I did all the right measurements. I will let it sit a few more hours. Is there anything you can do with soap that hasn't hardened all the way? It has started to harden and I am hoping it is just taking a little longer.

br

I usually wait to unmold my CP soap for at least 3 or 4 days, sometimes longer if I forget. The only soap I unmold the next day is my cocoa butter soap because the cocoa butter makes the soap hard faster. If I wait too long then it is too hard to cut.