Lost All My Business Bookmarks~~POOF* They Are Gone~~uuuggghhh

islandgirl

From what I am finding.. It is a firefox update that did this..

I am searching for my firefox.exe program now to see if I can get it back..

ahh. Computer found it.. Last update was this morning.. Now lets see if I can restore it..

Meridith.. Do you use firefox??

ETS: Here is a link about it.. I will let you know if it works..

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks

Hope you get everything back -

And if/when you do you should seriously consider getting an external hard drive and back everything up to it you want to keep - you can just copy and paste it over

As I stated elsewhere, I have been offline for over 2 years - the old puter was left somewhere in Memphis - but the HD has moved with me every step of the way - Just by plugging it in on a USB port on the new puter I instantly had all the files and records I had backed up including my old links and over 6,000 songs I had on it

Makes me kinda ill tho when I look through my old orders at the prices I paid back then including shipping and what I am seeing now!:cry2:

Thank you all.. ;) It was due to a Firefox 3 update.. So beware....

I did get them back.. :highfive:

This is what I used.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks#Firefox_missing_some_bookmarks_after_upgrading_to_Firefox_3

scrubzz - The removable hard drive is something I keep putting off getting, but think I will put it on top of my shopping list after this..

Just shows how easy it is to lose info..

I do back up my files to removable disks,

but bookmarks aren't included..:tongue2:

From what I am finding.. It is a firefox update that did this..

I am searching for my firefox.exe program now to see if I can get it back..

ahh. Computer found it.. Last update was this morning.. Now lets see if I can restore it..

Meridith.. Do you use firefox??

ETS: Here is a link about it.. I will let you know if it works..

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks

As a matter of fact I do! I never even considered it was Firefox. Thanks for the info!

Every week or so (since I add at least 50 a week), I back the bookmarks file up on a networked comp. You can do this the same way with, as mentioned, an external hard drive and also a thumb drive. Thumb drives are great for this type of stuff. Small, but very important files.

That's a pisser. I did the FF3 update a while ago with no problems (knock on wood).

For FF users, and Thunderbird as well, Google Mozbackup, it's a great little free program that backs up both programs. In FF it gets all your bookmarks as well as your settings and such. For T-bird, it saves all your emails and account settings, etc. Then if you need it, just open Moz, click restore, and you're done.

The handy thing is, it makes it super easy if you change computers....just do a basic install of FF, T-bird, and Mozbackup, then do the backup files on old PC using Moz saving to a flash drive, then just restore on the new PC. All your settings and everything come over in a matter of seconds, no messing around with pop, SMTP, passwords, nothing. Also brings over your add-ons, plug-ins, etc.

I love it. I backup every week, takes seconds.

Great info Beth, thank you for sharing.

I am not a Firefox user. Ironically, everyone I know swears by it. For some reason, it totally slows my browsing experience. I have had every version thus far. On both of my computers, I have nothing but issues with Firefox.

Wow, Island Girl, you handled this better than I would have.

I think I'd go absolutely postal if I lost my bookmarks.

Note to self, toss them on a jumpdrive. :cool2:

For FF users, and Thunderbird as well, Google Mozbackup, it's a great little free program that backs up both programs.

Foxmarks for backup

Great to know there is backup!!. I will install these today!! Thanks to all!!

Wow, Island Girl, you handled this better than I would have.

I think I'd go absolutely postal if I lost my bookmarks.

I was going postal.. You just couldn't see me!!! :D