Anyone else mixing 4630 and 464??

Hi Tootie. I have mixed it with 415 on a 60/40 and a 50/50 mix and actually liked it pretty well. My 415 is old and really hard to burn and this mix worked better than any other I tried. I think I will just have to put the 415 into scented thiings (fire starters) etc. But the regular 415 or the 464 with 4630 might actually be close. Can't remember, the 464 has the cottonseed in it and burns a bit easier? Not sure this helps, but I also tried and liked the 6036 and had planned on changing. Maybe anything with soy will go sky high? The 4630 blend looked good and my only problem was a bit of soot...maybe just my difficult soy or that I needed more testing and possibly a smaller wick. I do think it is worth a shot. Beth

i have mixed the 4627 with 415 and liked it but not the 4630 are the somewhat alike , right now I am using up my boo boo wax that would be ky125 with cs that i ordered for soy and I think I am going to stick with it so for so good except I did wick down Tootie,Mavis

Justcountry, I have some 4627 and 415 just laying around (don't like either by itself) and was trying to figure out what I could do with it. What ratio did you use for this blend? I also have a case of CBL129 that had too much vybar in it and looks like a souffle on top when it cools down. I am getting ready to add some 4627 to it to see what happens...maybe 10% 4627.

You know I'll be following your testing closely, so keep us posted. I have about 70 lbs of the 6036 left so I know I need to find something else soon. What a PITA! Hopefully I can find something that will go with the $500 dollars worth of supplies I just bought for the holiday season. :angry2:

Grrrrrrrr!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, dumb question here. is the 4630 a paraffin blend for containers? Can I mix ez soy (i think it is 415) with 70% soy and 30 % 4630 or is a wax like J223 better to blend with soy wax? wanting to make my own blend so I can save on cost

this might help DebK...

Performance blend....PARAFFLEX 4630A Opaque/subtle colors can be achieved. Semi-gloss top finish, Soft, Economical single pour blend in containers up to 16 oz. Good adherence to container/jar wall can be achieved under optimal pour conditions. 8-10% fragrance loading and good hot/cold throw can be achieved.

High Performance Blend.....PARAFFLEX 4633A (J223), Opaque/Vibrant colors can be obtained, Soft, Level pour blend with good adherence to jar under optimal conditions. 8-10% fragrance load possible with good hot/cold throw.

here is the IGI site to read on other container waxes that might interest you.

http://www.igiwax.com/resource/Container_Candle_Waxes

HTH