8oz Tureen wicking ?

Anyone use the 8oz Tureens for your soy candles? (See photo)

http://www.shoppalstores.com/bgcandle2/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/13747

The mounth of the jar is just slightly below 3 inches so I wouldn't think it would require a double wick. I use CD wicks but I am sure I can find a comparison chart for other wicks. Any suggestions on a starting point would be very much appreciated!

Hello KMommy

I have been wondering the same thing. I bought some of the same jars and could never get a clean jar. I even tried double wicking. Jar got to hot actually cracked the jar. I posted this same question on the old board and got a few replies. I think on The Candle Cauldron they have a wick chart that gives you some suggestions. Hope this helps

clc404

Cheryl C

I've used these jars for about 2 yrs now & found I have to double wick to get a clean burn. I've never cracked a jar or had a complaint of one. I use zinc 51's. I recently saw a full display of Tyler Candle Co -- they use this same jar & also double wick. I've never tried CD's, so sorry, I can't make a comparison.

Susan.

Thanks for the replies and the information. I don't use zinc in my soy candles but I am sure there is a comparison wick that matches and I'll look into finding one. I have used the larger sizes of tureen in this style and had no problem with one wick - usually a CD20 or CD22. I had good burns with no hang up on the side of the jar. This is my first time using a 8oz tureen. Like Cheryl stated, when I tried double wicking the jar became waaaaay too hot. I was using much smaller sizes of wick for the double wicking but they either were too much or not enough. Too small and I never got a full melt pool, too large and the glass was too tight. I'll look up info. for the zinc 51 and see what size that would be for the CD's.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

From what I have located so far it looks like the 51 would be a CD10. So that gives me a starting point.