Reeds: how long before throwing away and replacing with new ones?

Darbla

It seems like the couple of bottles of scent I have (commercially made) are still pretty strong, and I just need to get new reeds. Do any of you change out reeds for new ones, or do you replace the scented liquid too at the same time?

How long is the liquid good for anyway? I'm sure that will vary between specific products, but is there a usual range?

Darbla

Just curious....why do you think you need new reeds??? The reeds shouldn't need replaced as long as you have the diffuser. Just flip them over and they will rescent themselves from the other end. :yay:

as far as how long they last, I have had mine for 3 months and it still smells. The fragrance should last as long as the liquid does. As the liquid evaporates, the scent may weaken, but will still be there. You could always add a few drops of FO to your base to freshen it up as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

What we tell our customers: Flip the reeds once a week, and when you start to see the reeds bend, it's time for new reeds. The reeds are too saturated to allow the scent to travel up the reed.

Mine last about 6 months. I've had one of my diffusers in my office at work and it's still going strong. The one on my desk at home I've had since November.

Mine last 5-6 months also. I flip my testers when I think about it, but I tell customers that it is a personal preference. If they think the scent is weak, flip them. A lot depends on the size of the room, also.

I sell mine with 2 oz of oil and sell refills with 2 oz. oil and a new set of reeds. I have never had a problem with clogged reeds.