Corks for reed bottles that don't come with a lid?

Darbla

I've found some bottles locally to me that will work for reeds, but they don't come with any kind of lid. Is there anywhere to get loose corks for this? The opening across the tops of the bottles is 1", and they are not threaded for a screw-on type of cap. Any other ideas for sealing the tops?

Darbla

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a hardware store the other day & they had a little display thing with drawers for selling corks & they had lots of sizes of corks. Maybe a hardware store near you sells corks & you could take your bottle in & see what size fits.

If you can't find corks or caps you may want to consider bottling your FO in a smaller tglass or plastic bottle and including it as part of the kit.

We offer four different types of bottles for the customer to choose, then add the scent of their choice to the kit.

Thanks for the ideas. I think my best bet is going to be online at lab supply stores, or maybe bait shops and hardware stores. I found them at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, but they want $2 for 4 corks. That's more than I'm willing to pay for something somebody will probably toss in the garbage as soon as they get home (though I may suggest the corks as drawer scents...).

Darbla