More Beer Experiments

This was a fun little experiment using two different beers. These are both unscented, but they smell amazing! I wanted to see how these two different types of beer would react and smell in the end product. They are both hot processed, using a pvc pipe for hot process and you can't even tell its not cp! Very smooth.

The extra stout behaved normally, when I added the lye, everything was peaceful, and soaped normally, did not climb out the pot or anything. Smells very much like caramel, very yummy! The Draught however tried to explode out of the lye container (I used an extra deep container of course) no matter how much I cooked it and let it go flat. It also tried to climb out the pot like crazy while I was cooking it. This one smells more of hops or maybe barley, can't quite pinpoint it. I have no solution to the reaction except the nitrogen/CO2 blend that is in Draught versus only CO2 in the extra stout. Loved the little widget that was clinking inside the bottle.

The Draught also took longer to cook, almost 45 minutes longer, even though both batches were started at the same time.

J says the Draught has more of a manly smells and the Extra Stout seems more for a lady.

I have become totally obsessed with beer soaps, and I don't even drink the stuff:laugh2:

Guinness Stout:

guinnessstout.jpg

Guinness Draught:

guinnessdrout.jpg

I made a 'poo bar with beer that I've been using lately and I'll never go back to anything else now! It's got shea butter and avo butter and jojoba and my hair has never had this much body or felt so silky! I need to get more beer and make a giant batch of this stuff!

As much as my best made loves my soaps I think she'd slap me if I used any of her precious Guinness in a batch....I think I'll have a go & ask her to guess what's in it.

Callmaker...a poo bar is a shampoo bar (nothing disgusting lol) I wet mine then rub it on my scalp.......makes a ton of bubbles & is great for my hair, mine hasn't got beer in it ....yet.

Sally.

I made a 'poo bar with beer that I've been using lately and I'll never go back to anything else now! It's got shea butter and avo butter and jojoba and my hair has never had this much body or felt so silky! I need to get more beer and make a giant batch of this stuff!

Oh, I'd love to try that!!! Sounds fabulous!!!

ok, what's the ABC's of Beer soap. I've been wanting to make a beer poo bar.

How much do you use. Is it your total water content?Do you have to let it go flat first? Let it go flat in the fridge first or just leave it on the counter? Do I open the can and pour it in a container? Open the can and leave in the fridge?

Come on, I want to make more poo bars!!

I just got one of the Extra Stout bars from TheCandlesPastore.

You can really smell the Guiness. It's very nutty and masculine smelling.

I haven't tried it on my hair but my DH and I have been washing with it this past weekend. It's very creamy and silky feeling but it takes some effort to work up a good lather.

Good job Z!

Cheers,

J