scales dieing help

beloved

Here's where I got mine and the one I use. If you get one, make SURE you keep your box that it comes in, you need it and the paperwork for the lifetime warranty. Ask me how I know....my 1st one went out and I was TSOOL. Get the power adapter, it's worth it. HTH

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=284

I have the scale that April recommended. Many have had problems with it. I did at first; the weights would constantly change, enough to drive one batty (with the adapter attached) but it's been behaving as of late, although nothing changed. I like the fact that the top is metal but I broke the protective cover for the display in short order. (Hinges broke).

e

I've had the KD7000, and the My Weigh UltraShip now and would not recommend wither of them nor would I buy one again regardless of the price. The freeze up on me and the numbers continually bounce around. It drove me nuts. I'd recommend avoiding either scale. I now have an Escali I purchased from Brambleberry recently. It is still too new to decide if I like it or not but so far, it seems leaps and bounds better than the KD or the My Weigh.

I've had the KD7000, and the My Weigh UltraShip now and would not recommend wither of them nor would I buy one again regardless of the price. The freeze up on me and the numbers continually bounce around. It drove me nuts. I'd recommend avoiding either scale. I now have an Escali I purchased from Brambleberry recently. It is still too new to decide if I like it or not but so far, it seems leaps and bounds better than the KD or the My Weigh.

I have heard others say this about the KD7000 before, I myself have not had any problems and I've been using it for a year now, love it. I'll have to look on the dish forum but I seem to remember a guy that sells/fixes them that said there is something you can adjust to make it not so jumpy.

I know some had issues but I have a KD7000 and love it. I did have to adjust it to respond more quickly when adding materials but other than that it's fine. I've not broken the cover, nor had unsteady numbers (tho I've heard that operating the scale with the cover in the up position can cause problems). I took the cover off for a bit but put it back.

There is some troubleshooting stuff on the Dish, and you can find some instructions online as well.