Not sure about this - International

MochaMama

Hi Ladies:

I opened a new webbie recently (finally learned zen cart) and got an order. Now I offer samples on my site for a set amount of $$ with free shipping.

I got an international order for several samples. Problem is, it will cost me more to ship than I received in payment (by about 7.00).

Also, the person's name and email they used to sign up with is different than the PayPal email and name (zen cart doesn't auto-populate the pay pal, so when I copied and pasted the address, paypal showed me a different email and name). Plus I can't get any info on this account because it's Non-us - unverified

I am feeling a little "hinky" about sending this stuff out, going through the customs stuff, etc. I feel that after I put out all this money, I might get a chargeback or something. I know the amount is small, but I just don't wany any trouble

Can any of you seasoned folks give me some advice?

ps I am currently working up more Store policies indicating that I only ship to Canada to avoid this in the future.

Because of shipping and the difficulties of international transactions, I don't accept other than domestic orders as a rule. In Zen Cart, you can delete the other countries and currencies you don't want. You can either do it via the program (which is one at a time... *faint* ) OR you can go into the MySQL database (via Myphp) and delete those records from the table in one fell swoop. I used to do it one at a time until I felt more comfortable with working with the database. That way, Albania and other countries will not even show as an option to confuse people. Same thing with the currencies. I removed all but USD from mine.

Hi everyone! Thank you for the replies. The customer paid and everything, but.....I just don't want to put out more $$$$ to ship internationally.

Plus, I don't like the way everything didn't add up.

So, I am going to refund her $$ send her a nice note and move on.

Stella, thanks for the info on how to delete other countries from the database - really appreciate that!!!

Thanks again ladies!