Nut-free Products

pebbles

The only way this is beneficial is if you have a nut free home completely. As in, not even peanut butter in a jar in a cupboard 2 stories below. Some people are so VERY highly allergic, that even if you haven't used it for a while, but it's cross contaminated with something, don't even take the chance. It's not a drug claim because it's not claiming to be curing/healing or preventing anything. BUT - I'd make 100% sure there is nothing at all in your entire home that contains nuts, right down to that bucket of ice cream.

and you will need to be confident that there was no contamination of your ingredients or packaging BEFORE you got it (which means going back through all the points of possible contamination all the way back to its original harvesting or manufacturing).

I wouldn't.

I buy chocolate for my nut & peanut allergic kids from a nut free place and the research they do is significant.

ETA: I think you could say that it contains "No Nut Ingredients" but I would then follow it with a cautionary statement about cross contamination because you don't want to seem to be making promises you can't keep - so that would probably defeat the purpose. I suggest simply stating the ingredients that ARE in it clearly and making no mention of nuts either way. As the mom of allergic kids - I know it is up to ME to make the decisions but I can only do that with accurate information.