Display Question?

yoyo

We do jewelry at craft fairs and farm markets and sales have been so so. But we have noticed that a couple other booths that display their wares on black velvet jewlery store display props always seem to have alot more lookers. That being said ...do you seasoned sellers think display makes that big of difference in your sales or should we use cheaper clasps, beads wire etc. to lower our prices?

There is some great jewelry display stuff for sale on ebay and a few other sites but just hate to waste my money before I asked the experts.

Thanks for your time

I would never cheapen my product, in my opinion it's not worth it. I would get a few display pieces for displaying a few items. A heavy dowel on a stand will hold a lot of bracelets, and a friend of mine made a beautiful necklace display out of wood, looks similar to the bought ones, just a lot nicer. Natural wood. An attractive branch set in a pot or on a stand will also hold a lot of pieces, also antlers. I have vases of different colours and sizes that also hold a variety of things. Look around your house, you will probably find a ton of things to use without spending a lot of money.

I sell jewelry at craft fairs too and I am planning to invest in at least a couple of the black velvet displays this year. You have to have something to draw the people to your table otherwise they just keep walking by. I was displaying them in cardboard jewelry boxes but people tend to not look down to see them, just keep on walking. I even made up these big signs but they don't read them. If they see your best pieces displayed at eye level on those black velvet displays it will bring them over and they will look at your other pieces.

Don't ever go with cheaper materials to bring your cost down.

I am more drawn to the better displayed jewelry I have a tendency to walk right by the stuff that is on a white back ground or just not displayed well.

So I think display is a key factor in getting people to look at your jewelry.