Would there be any value...............

Lorraine

in adding some extra glycerin to melt & pour soap bases?

I picked some up at the store today but can't figure out where I read about it, or find any recipe that I may have copied down using glycerin as one of the ingredients! Not sure why I was thinking I needed to buy it! :rolleyes2 Oh my, I'm doing good, huh! LOL!

Well...... Does anyone use added glycerin? What for? How much?

I know, maybe I should just return the stuff huh? :confused:

I even tried doing some google searches and came up with nothing! :(

:tiptoe: Lorraine

I ALWAYS add extra glycerine to my MP soap!! It will enhance your soap greatly! If you do a search you should come up with several threads where using glycerine in mp soap is mentioned~ it's something that lots of us do and it's a wonderful thing!! :) Don't take it back!

No, keep it. In addition to adding it to your soap, you can play w/ it in making other products.

I've been fooling around off & on w/ an adult product using glycerine...rub it on and...well...um...the glycerine heats up :rolleyes2

Plus, it taste sweet!

Thank you all so much for replying! I guess I'll keep the glycerin and keep searching for some recipes to use it in as well as trying it out in my M&P soap!

Cindym~ I remember reading that thread! Thanks!!!

CareBear~ I'll have to look for some liquid soap recipes! Sounds like fun!

Prairieannie~ I'll have to do more searches today! I typed in different things and pretty much came up with where to buy Glycerin! I'll have to try wording it differently. Thanks for sharing!

Beau's Momma~ Your testing sounds very interesting! LOL! Unfortunately it says on the bottle "Warning: Not Edible". But when I did those searches yesterday I found where it talked about glycerin being sweet and being used in food! That's what had me soooo confused! I guess the glycerin I bought is a cheap one? :confused: I picked it up at the craft store. Hardly ever buy anything there. I always purchase from suppliers on line. They had all of their soap and candle making stuff on sale 25% off! That got my attention (and money LOL!) Hope it's an ok product!

Lorraine

Thank you all so much for replying! I guess I'll keep the glycerin and keep searching for some recipes to use it in as well as trying it out in my M&P soap!

Cindym~ I remember reading that thread! Thanks!!!

CareBear~ I'll have to look for some liquid soap recipes! Sounds like fun!

Prairieannie~ I'll have to do more searches today! I typed in different things and pretty much came up with where to buy Glycerin! I'll have to try wording it differently. Thanks for sharing!

Beau's Momma~ Your testing sounds very interesting! LOL! Unfortunately it says on the bottle "Warning: Not Edible". But when I did those searches yesterday I found where it talked about glycerin being sweet and being used in food! That's what had me soooo confused! I guess the glycerin I bought is a cheap one? :confused: I picked it up at the craft store. Hardly ever buy anything there. I always purchase from suppliers on line. They had all of their soap and candle making stuff on sale 25% off! That got my attention (and money LOL!) Hope it's an ok product!

Lorraine

I guess I should have mentioned that I use edible vegetable glycerine.