Shipping wholesale candles

CatlinPM

For those of you that ship candles out of state to wholesale customers, what is the most economical way that you have found to do this? I have a large order for candles that is going from Arizona to Indiana and although I have done wholesale within the state before I have never had to ship before. Do you package the candles in there original boxes and mail them that way? Which carrier is the best in your opinion, UPS? Any opinions or advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated as I want to make sure I can do this economically for my customer. :)

I personally only have the Post Office close to me, so my customers don't really have much choice. But, I have one wholesale customer who has their own UPS account, she gave me her account number and we just do a 'will call' for UPS to pick the box up from me. It seems to be cheaper for her doing it this way. Fedex will do this also, so check to see if your customer has their own account with any carrier. :cool2:

I really like UPS and compared to USPS it runs about the same, especially after adding the insurance it costs just a tiny bit more and shipping takes alot longer than UPS. The UPS stores vary in price from store to store, so you have to shop around. Good luck......

If you sign up with UPS online you can print your label then drop off at any place that takes UPS. I have one close to me so no problem but my sister drops off at a USP Store. Just find out when their pickup time is and get it their before then.

I also ship jars with two boxes for extra protection.