getting ready to start soaping

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

getting ready to start soaping beyond melt and pour i am gathering supplies as i speak and wanted to know what would be the best thing to start with, for a newbie..........suggestions would be apreiciated.........thank you Laura

I started with the beginner's recipe here:

http://www.millersoap.com/USAToday/SoapArtUSAToday.html

I bought a pretty large stainless steel stock pot to combine and melt the oils in, a replacement coffee pot to mix the lye and water, a stick blender and stirring utensils to devote just to this, and a shoe box lined with a plastic garbage bag for a mold. All inexpensive. After I've made a batch of soap and have everything cleaned and dried, I pile it all back into the large stock pot to store away.

Darbla

Guest jurnalynn

ty once i get my lye in i'm going to give it a shot my friends and family like the fact that i have made them all testers over the last 2 yrs........lol Laura

Guest jurnalynn
Good luck! It's very addictive and so much fun to create. Are you planning to do CP or HP?

ty.........i really want to play around with all to see what i like better..........Laura