Beeswax Question

Is Beeswax less inclined to shrink than soy? I have not yet tried it as an additive and I was wondering if maybe it would help my shrinkage problem that is creating those invisible airpockets underneath the surface. Calwax told me that it is caused from shrinkage.

Its probably going to make it worse. IMO it would happen because the inside is staying hot while the outside is cooling faster. I haven't been following your posts and sorry if this was suggested already - but I would try two things: pour coolor and/or add stearic (in that order).

Its probably going to make it worse. IMO it would happen because the inside is staying hot while the outside is cooling faster. I haven't been following your posts and sorry if this was suggested already - but I would try two things: pour coolor and/or add stearic (in that order).

Thanks Henry, for the heads up on Beeswax. I just poured a candle at a cooler temp. This is not my day though. The wicks came loose twice on me when I was straightening them. UGH! :mad: So by the time I poured it back the first time it was a little low and then when it came out the second time I left it there with one wick. It will have to be a candle for me -- will stick another wick in it. It seems to be dipping in again and forming a crack on top but this could be because there is only one wick there. I find with this wax when I pour without wicks I get the dip and hairline crack more than when I have the wicks. Soooo I just made another one. What a process. I will be running a test with stearic too.

I must be accident prone today. I just poured a C-3/CB-3 and then hit the container and wax slimed the clean glass at the top. Oh well, that one is ony a tester....but I am such a profectionist...that even bugs me. And then I heat a jar a little more than normal and most of the wax came off of the wicks. I think I need to go out to the barn and clean the stalls and return to candles a little later. :P

~Holly