Want to try a soy/soy blend

Hello all,

I did a search but could not find anyone in the database info. thread that blends what I would like to blend so, if this info is already out there, I apologize in advance for repeating.

I have EZ soy and CBA and I would like to try and blend these together. I'm not sure how much of each to blend though. I wanted to check here first before I ventured off and tried it myself. :D I have never worked with CBA before, so this wax is, well, a whole new ball of wax for me. :D I just poured my first jar of it though. According to what some of you pour at, I hope it comes out right because I poured about 125 and I see it should have been much higer (165) for my 8 oz. JJ's.

I do see that the parasoy blends are either 70/30 or 50/50. Can the EZ and CBA be blended in the same way, or not? And when blending these two together, what would be the best temps to add the chips, FO, and then pour? Do you find a happy medium between the two wax types or what?

I'm am hating the frost that EZ brings out and I am finding a lot of scents (all from BC so far) that are not producing any HT. Not sure if it's the wax's/FO's fault or mine though. I don't usually wait 24 hours before putting on the lids, so this could be a part of my problem? I just feel that leaving the lid off will let the scent escape more.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I anxiously await your replies. I'm ready to try this out and can't wait to test it. :drool:

Dawn

I get some oils from BC and they all throw in the wax I use. I use to use EzSoy ages ago and that seems to be a soy that needs the 2 week cure time. At least thats what I found.

I'm sure you could mix that wax at 50/50 70/30 pour a test candle with a couple different ratios and see what you like best and whick cure quicker. I alway use a sharpie marker and put the wick size, blend of wax, fragrance and date poured on the bottom of test jar. Marker comes off with a little dawn so you can resuse the jar.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks BeagleBaby. We have one of those ourselves. I just made some more candles and poured at a hotter temp so we'll see how that goes. I will wait for these to cure some and see what happens.

Then I guess I will try a blend, if need be. I'm using an ounce and a half of FO to 1 pound of wax, so hopefully I won't have too much of a problem with throw, which I see some of you are/were having with the CBA alone.

I'm sure I'll be back to check up on some other problems I'll encounter along the way.

Dawn

According to what some of you pour at, I hope it comes out right because I poured about 125 and I see it should have been much higer (165) for my 8 oz. JJ's.

Did you mean to say heat to 165? That's a pretty high pouring temp for pure soy, at least according to mf suggestions. I used EZ Soy for 6 yrs & always heated it to about 185 & added fo at that temp. Stir for a minimum of 3 mins & stir several times as the temp lowers. Poured at around 100. Personally, I can't see how mixing 2 soys would greatly alter your results & I'd be more willing to switch waxes or go w/ additives. No harm in trying, though! Everyone gets different results & you won't throw the world on its axis if you give it a whirl.

Susan.

EZ soy is also 415... there are a few threads that have info about blending 415 with CBA.

I tried it a while ago.... I was doing it 50/50. I had some frosting issues still but I came to believe it was the dryness in my house at the time. A friend tried the exact same blend (with my actual wax shipped to her) and got perfect results.

Go for it. I think you will like it. I personally would try to get a blend with the least amount of CBA as possible while still getting great results just for $$$$ reasons.

I ended up with a 415/J223 blend. I got the J223 as low as I could and still keep the frost fairy away. 415 is WAY cheaper than J223.

HTH

Danielle