Help with HP Printer feed problem

:cry2: All of a sudden, my HP printer feed isn't working right. It will print nicely on regular paper but not on my labels anymore. When printing labels, the alignment is all off as if the feed is grabbing the paper too late. It never use to do this before. I've got a lot of labels I have to print and these orders are going to be late if I can't get this problem worked out. Can anyone chime in with some advice?

My printer is the HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One.

Thanks so much in advance!

I'm doing it both ways and neither is making it work the way it use to.

I just now 'cleaned' the feed rollers which weren't really that dirty and the problem still exists. Could it be the sensor? Am I going to have to buy a whole new printer?

:undecided

Sorry to say I gave up printing labels on my HP all in one. I print full sheets and cut them myself.

Here's what worked sometimes....

Do the alignment on a sheet of label, not plain paper. I kept all my goofed up label sheets for this purpose.

I know you shouldn't mix papers in the tray, but 5 to 10 sheets of plain paper under the label sheet sometimes worked.

The best trick I found was to only print one row of labels at a time. If your sheet is 4 across, only print 4 then run it through again for 4 more and pick the next row to start. I have no idea why that works, but it did every time.

Good luck!

When printing check your printer properties/settings and make sure the paper you choose is labels, it's thicker and if you are printing those and you have it set to paper the printer will not pull properly. Rollers are clean, but how old. As the roller get old they dry out and when they do so they slip so they might not be grabbing the paper correctly, but if it's lined up okay on regular paper that would leave me to believe it has something to do with the settings.

I get so frustrated with mine, I do Georgia says and just cut them out myself! When I got tired of that for bigger orders, I bit the bullet and paid to have them professionally done. When you do them by the 1000's it's really cost effective!

Yes, I have been battling my HP, too! I was having trouble with my water proof labels, but then I changed my settings and it was okay. Then they quit printing right again in the past month. I need to print some for a home show this weekend, so I am hoping it decides to work.

Mine is only a year old.

Steph

Thanks for all the responses. I've never had to set the paper stock settings before and it all worked just fine in the past. But I tried that today, too just to see if it would help. No dice. This is just a sudden thing that started a couple of days ago and is just getting worse. I've even tried to adjust my template to match with the misaligned printing and that doesn't even work. I don't get it. It works just fine with regular paper.

I don't know if this printer has a thickness lever. Will check...

Good luck with your printing, Steph!

I have a HP 5510 All in One and I have problems with mainly the round labels. Not sure why that is but what I have found to work is peel off the very first label on the sheet before printing. For some odd reason they feed fine then. It aggrevates me that I waste one label per sheet but figure it is better than wasting them all. :rolleyes2

Also, it was suggested to adjust your settings - this did nada for me. Weird . . .