fingernailing

tlc26

At the risk of being the weird duck in the pond, I have to say that I'm somewhat attracted to fingernailing. IMHO, if you lopped off the white part, I think you'd have a very cool candle.

I have to agree with Mtngrl,,,I think the fingernailing is actually pretty cool!!!:)

I took Henry's advice and used Gloss poly to get rid of the fingernailing. It didn't work at first, and I think it's because I just didn't use enough of it. On a batch for my husband, which was going to be bright red, I put a ton of Gloss Poly in there and it didn't fingernail yay! Well, they did fingernail, but I melted them back down, added a bunch of Gloss poly and now, after a week, there's no fingernailing. I find that the fingernailing, for me, is the worst in brown and red candles.

Some people like the effect, but it just drives me bananas. I've been known to dip my candles in hot wax or even grubby them to cover up the fingernailing. But then, mine didn't come out as pretty as yours did. Your fingernailing is so even that it looks like you did it on purpose. Mine come out as huge white circles randomly placed and I actually had a customer email me and ask me what I put inside the candle!! ack -so Gloss Poly C-15 has become my best friend.

DanaE