Can't find the posts with instructions....?

I a looking for the post with the instructions on the crackled finish pillar, I think it was Donita who posted it maybe? It involved ice I think....

And then there was instructions on tie dye pillars as well.... I looked in the archives but can't find it either.

If anyone can help that would be great!!

Hi Chris! Here are some directions for the crackled pillar.

Heat large pot of water to 200 degree's F.

Pour cold water into a bucket and add ice to make really cold.

Dip pillar in hot water a couple of times.

Plunge pillar into cold water and hold for 1 minute.

Do you mean these instructions for Abstract painted Pillars?

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67011

Not sure about tye dye, but these are very cool!

Have fun!

Kim

Could swear the tie dye is gently dropping dye into warm/hot water, swirling and dunking your candle in, rotate if you want, pull out, dry. Candle should pick up the swirling dye.

Maybe you're talking about something else.

thanks guys.

The crackle one is perfect. The dye one was made with chunks of wax in a mold, then pour clear wax, and then drop the dye in, the dye swirls around the chunks. I think I remember how to do it, but I was curious if the dye was liquid straight (mine stinks) or can I maybe melt a dye chip in a smiggin of wax and use that. I'll play and see what I can come up with :)

thanks guys.

The crackle one is perfect. The dye one was made with chunks of wax in a mold, then pour clear wax, and then drop the dye in, the dye swirls around the chunks. I think I remember how to do it, but I was curious if the dye was liquid straight (mine stinks) or can I maybe melt a dye chip in a smiggin of wax and use that. I'll play and see what I can come up with :)

That sounds cool. I don't remember ever hearing of it being done with chunks. Post some pics if you try it, I'd love to see it!

Liquid or if the wax is really hot, you could put tiny pieces of chips in and they will melt.

You could melt your chips in a metal egg thing or some such and drop it in that way. Very easy to do. Now I know what you're talking about.

Cram your mold with chunks, various sizes will give different effects. You drop the color near the sides and it spreads around the chunks. I believe I had wax up to 185, 190 ish when I was doing it with my molds. Pyramid molds make very interesting combos ... lol.