Dry oil base

Sounds like Cyclomethicone to me. I've gotten it from Aroma Haven & The Scent Works, but I know other suppliers carry it as well. Here's the description & usage from the AH site:

http://aromahaven.com/personalcare.html

For a non-oily body spray that is more of a refreshing spritz of scent, I use WSP's Luxury Body Mist, (which is also sold at The Candle Source). It's great, but instead of using the suggested 1% FO load, I need to use 2-3%. I make tons of this stuff & people keep coming back for more!

Cyclomethicone sprays are really popular at alot of the online bath & body etailer stores. I personally don't find them very popular, but I only make them for local folks, as I don't have an online store. I also find that the Cyclo sprays take a much higher load of FO so it's a bit costlier for me to make. But that being said, they are very popular & I even see that stores like Victoria's Secret are making what they call "dry oil sprays. So maybe it's the new "it" item.

I love making body oil sprays. I use a blend of fractionated coconut oil and grapeseed oil. Just enought oiliness to give you a nice sheen, but soak in right away with no oily afterfeel.

You might want to try rice bran oil too - I've read that's a nice dry oil.

For a non-oily body spray that is more of a refreshing spritz of scent, I use WSP's Luxury Body Mist, (which is also sold at The Candle Source). It's great, but instead of using the suggested 1% FO load, I need to use 2-3%. I make tons of this stuff & people keep coming back for more!

Is that this stuff: http://www.thecandlesource.com/catalog/i1079.html

I've got some of that but didn't know it was the same as WSPs (if it is what you're talking about).

Darbla

• 4 weeks later...