help w/ color for hot cocoa...

Hi All! Once again I need some help. I am making hot cocoa container candles for the holidays. I can't get the color right.:embarasse I want it tan w/ a creamy color to it. I am using 4627 and liquid dyes. I tried brown w/ some white from a block but it wasn't even close. Looks more like coffee or tea. I have some color blocks also.

Any suggestions?

I tried this with 4627 earlier as an experiment and used an ivory colored block with pretty decent results. If you don't mind me asking, which container did you find to work well with your wick? I tried one of the thick clear coffee cups from Wallyworld and a HTP104 with marginal results. I gave up for the time being. :sad2:

Thanks Robin. I'll try that.

Grumpy Girl- This is my first one poured. I bought a big mug at Dollar General. It's almost like a soup mug I guess. I just poured so haven't tested my wicks yet. I put 2 51z's to start with.

I also got some really cute christmas mugs at dollar tree w/ snow flakes. I'll post some pics when I get them right.

I did this last year but I was using J223. I have some left. Maybe adding some to the 4627 will give it a creamier look.

Hey! I got those containers too!!

Last year we got such a good haul from the Dollar General, I bought extras and I'm glad I did too!

For the color of our hot cocoa, we use little bit brown and a touch of red - it ends up being nice and creamy. To top it off, we mix melted wax that is almost set up with our flakes and put a dash on top like marshmellows. They fly out the door and people know what they are as soon as they pick them up too.

We get our hot cocoa from NG and it is just DREAMY!!:yay: