Peak's Clamshell containers

Holly

I usually get my clamshell containers from Aroma Haven but don't have anything to get there right now and I am running low. I am ordering from Peaks right now and was wondering how their clamshell containers are. I have heard stories of various suppliers' clamshell container giving off a plastic smell with vanilla based fragrance oil. Any feedback on Peak's clamshell containers regarding this? Thanks!

I have not purchased any from Peak's, but did purchase some when they first came out from Wholesalesuppliesplus and I did use blueberry muffin FO and it smelled yeaky about a week later after I opened up the container! It was a plastic/fuelly smell.:mad: I just saw in your post it must have been the vanilla that is in the FO, it has 10%. I had not heard that before. Do you think a vanilla neutralizer will help with that then in the clam shells? Blueberry muffin from them is my #1 seller and I would like to make the clam shells but afraid too.

I have not purchased any from Peak's, but did purchase some when they first came out from Wholesalesuppliesplus and I did use blueberry muffin FO and it smelled yeaky about a week later after I opened up the container! It was a plastic/fuelly smell.:mad: I just saw in your post it must have been the vanilla that is in the FO, it has 10%. I had not heard that before. Do you think a vanilla neutralizer will help with that then in the clam shells? Blueberry muffin from them is my #1 seller and I would like to make the clam shells but afraid too.

Hi Marcus, (that's my brother's name :))

I am pretty sure that what was discussed here a while back regarding the plastic smell was mostly with Vanilla based scents, but I don't remember for sure. It was not all containers but only from certain places. I don't like to mention companies if I do not remember for sure. WSP may have been one of them.

I am not sure what a vanilla "neutralizer" is. I have not had a variety of scents sit around in clamshells yet, so not sure if AH's would have the problem, but I am pretty sure they do not. I have had some sit around longer than a week. I usually pour these to order.

Maybe some others will chime in here. :)

Holly,

Are the ones from Impact the ones that don't work well with vanilla scents? I've seen lots of co-ops for these and haven't seen anyone say anything about problems with vanilla. You might want to email Peak and ask if theirs are the same. If you need some fast I have some from an Impact co-op I can get in the mail. You'd have them tomorrow.

Holly,

Are the ones from Impact the ones that don't work well with vanilla scents? I've seen lots of co-ops for these and haven't seen anyone say anything about problems with vanilla. You might want to email Peak and ask if theirs are the same. If you need some fast I have some from an Impact co-op I can get in the mail. You'd have them tomorrow.

Hi Carrie,

I don't have anything about the "Impact" brand and don't even know the brand that I get from Aroma Haven. I went ahead and ordered just 50 from Peaks to get me by until I know if their's are fine. I have enough until I get theirs. Thanks so much though for the offer to send some. I really appreciate your offer to help. Hope things are going well. Are you enjoying the Spring weather?

~Holly

There are two types. The impact model 1524 or something like that is the good one. It is a little more compact in design and thicker. The other ones are a few cents cheaper and they stink with anything with vanilla in my experience. Most the coops are the good ones and come in somewhere from 18-20cents each in coops, I think. I don't know what WSP has but I know the ones I got from Millcreek were the cheaper model.

There are two types. The impact model 1524 or something like that is the good one. It is a little more compact in design and thicker. The other ones are a few cents cheaper and they stink with anything with vanilla in my experience. Most the coops are the good ones and come in somewhere from 18-20cents each in coops, I think. I don't know what WSP has but I know the ones I got from Millcreek were the cheaper model.

Thanks. Yes, Millcreek's were the ones that I heard about. Do you know anything about Peak's? I am not sure if the ones I have been getting from AR are the good ones that you are talking about, but I have not had a problem yet.

Sorry, not sure on Peaks. I bet you could email them and ask which model # they have. Or check impact mfg site and get the number and just ask for that. It's 15 somthing and I think it's 1524. It may even be listed in the coop section if you find one for clamshells. Good luck Holly

So are Millcreeks the good ones, I had some from MC but now I have some from ICS.

TIA

Karen M

I hate to state something bad about someone's products, but no, they are the ones that have had some complaints. I have never used them myself but others have on here and they have mentioned that they will give of a plastic stinky smell with vanilla based oils.

I have used them. It's not Millcreek's fault. Several suppliers evidently found the same ones & I'm thinking impact makes both. They just don't react well with vanilla heavy scents. But they are cheaper, so if you aren't using vanilla maybe they would be okay? I clearanced all the scents without vanilla and tossed the vanillas as soon as I realized that was happening.