Complete newbie question. So sorry!

What does FO bleeding mean and how do you know if this happens. I've had some pretty weak candles. I use 4630 at 9%. I've used CS FO oils which smell great and strong OOB. I know it is not the FO, it must be me. I melt wax to 180 and pour at 170. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

You know you have FO bleeding when your candle bleeds FO - it literally seeps out of the candle.

A lot of variables can determing throw - wax, FO, wick. Change one variable at a time to determine your problem (this time). You could have too much FO, too big of a wick, too small of a wick. I don't use your wax so I can't help with particulars.

We use this wax and for most FO's, we use 1 oz per pound, which I believe is closer to 6%. There are some "lighter" oils that we may use at 1 1/2 oz pp. We use the same temps as you. We do not use CS FO's, so I can't help you there.

The only FO I have had that happen to with the 4630 was Cajun's Vanilla Bake, which is a heavy oil. I used 1 oz pp, but will test it with less next time. It not only had "beads" of FO on the top of the candle, I could see where it had collected on the bottom of the jar along the edges!!

Wish I could be more help, but even after two years, I am still a "newbie"...lol

Thanks Guys! I use 44 24 18Z in a 16 oz mason 3 in diameter. I have never seen FO on top of my candle, maybe I do have candle nose or maybe I'm too picky. For you guys that use 4630, what type of wick do you use?

Thanks Guys! I use 44 24 18Z in a 16 oz mason 3 in diameter. I have never seen FO on top of my candle, maybe I do have candle nose or maybe I'm too picky. For you guys that use 4630, what type of wick do you use?

I use 44-32-18z or 51-32-18z in my 8oz jelly jars. HTH

LX wicks and HTP wicks both work well in this wax.

LX wicks and HTP wicks both work well in this wax.

I actually poured candles last night using the HTP wicks. I could not wait, so this morning I test burned and I think the hot throw was a lot better. I think I will give these wicks a go. We shall see.