color change

I am trying to pour some containers(j223) and having trouble getting the color right. I am trying to pour a true red color but when i add my oils, I get a beautiful magenta color. A customer called yesterday and ordered 4 jars in red-needs them today. No pressure on a normal day but this isn't normal. Is there anyway to get back to the red color?? or should I tell her that this oil just doesn't make red candles. Please HELP!!! TIA

To make my red more red instead of reddish purple, this is what I do. I use liquid dyes, but would imagine you can get similar results with other methods. I use 3 parts red to one part orange. Like for one batch I will use 12 drops of red and 4 drops of orange. You may need to adjust it to suit your needs. But definately try adding a little bit of orange to it.

Many people have trouble getting a true red in the creamy container wax...

It makes you wonder... how the large candle companies (thinking of ones in Wal-Mart here) manage to get the exact same shade and look in a set. They often have pillars and containers in matching deep rich dark colors. Hmmm...