Castor=Sticky?

DONNAMAC

I have been using castor in all of my soaps, and some of them ,even after a very long cure time,are sticky to the touch. They don't all do that, I am just wondering if it is a certain oil will do that. I am thinking it might be the castor, but no one has ever mentioned that as a problem. I use 10%, and thinking maybe only 5%. Anyone know anything about this?

I had the same problem with the mix of other oils I was using in my pursuit for many things. I dropped to 5% and tested other levels till I found something that works for me and my recipe. I don't get the stickiness any more.

I use Castor in all my soaps without stickiness.

I use at 5% as well.

Maybe you should drop yours to 5% and see how it does.Just make sure that you use exactly everything you normally have in your recipe ..... just changing the amount of Castor. Be sure to use the same FO's as you did in the ones that are sticky.

This way you have duplicated the process only changing the castor. Then you will know for sure if it is the castor causing you grief.

(sorry for being soooo long winded) :lipsrseal