Vanilla Lime Lovers

cozyaromas

I received an email saying that JS now has Vanilla Lime in stock, I don't know if it's similar to Yankee's but I can't wait to try it and find out. If anyone has tried the sample or found one similar to the one at Yankee please let me know :grin2: ....thanks!

I haven't tried it - but I have three people that have been bugging me for it. One is my nail tech who just opened a shop....so I have to get it - cause that is future business there...lol. The other is my hair dresser....same thing...

So I will break down and order.....sigh...lmao

I thought this new info might interest you ;) , I've smelled the YK brand so if JS is anything similar I'm sure new business will be rolling your way...good luck and let me know how you prospective customers enjoy it as well.

I haven't tried it - but I have three people that have been bugging me for it. One is my nail tech who just opened a shop....so I have to get it - cause that is future business there...lol. The other is my hair dresser....same thing...

I am going to order it too. From what I heard it is supposed to be an exact dupe. I did smell the Yankee one the other day but I have not smelled it enough to be able to tell when I get a sample. We shall see. :)

Yes... it discolors CP. I even used TD and it discolored to a medium brownish color, so don't waste your TD on it. It does smell great though! Soaped beautifully, with no acceleration. And I'm starting to embrace the discoloration of it. :)

I have this one, you'll like it. It's an exact dupe of the original.

I got it friday....I will have to say this. Becky provided excellent CS.

She shipped me the wrong order (hell, I didn't even know cause I didn't have time to open the box). She called me and sent me a call tag and had my box 2-day shipped to me so I could have it this weekend.

I haven't put it in wax yet - more than likely tomorrow.

Yup you were right! It discolors. It was discoloring before it even finished gelling. The lime was stronger OOB, but the vanilla really jumps out at me after the lye monster. I still haven't decided if I like it all that much after all.

It moved incredibly fast for me, but I may have been soaping to hot, it may have moved fast too because I used a lot of PKO in this one as well, and I may have screwed up my lye amounts because there are small pockets throughout. At first I thought the pockets were because since the soap went almost solid on me so fast, I had to glop the soap into the mold and bang it a few times on the floor. But when it splashed up into my face, I was done so I threw it in the oven. I figured I didn't bang it enough. But later on, I noticed in one of the pockets, I saw white crystals..... I am not prepared to do the lye test on this one. I think I will toss it into the old crockpot and rebatch it adding extra oils just to be on the safe side.

Even though, I measured out my lye for three batches all the same size and same amount of lye needed. I know that my bottles of lye all weighed the same because I weighed them twice just so I wouldn't screw up! The other two batches came out perfectly fine. Except my POP micas morphed AGAIN!!!!

I'll try it once more once I get my lye.