Has anyone tested GL's new SB7505 wax?

Still trying to find a wax to replace the one I was using for my colored line. Anyone know much about this "new" wax? I ran a search and nothing came up under 7505. I found one review on their store site but did not see anything on the forum...should probably check some other sections on there. Thanks for any input.

Check the Greenleaf forum. One poster had really good results with it. Liked it so much said she would get it instead of the70/30 from greenleaf.

Thanks Grama. I did check it but maybe I missed it. I saw one review from one person on the store website. Maybe that is the same person. I will check it again.

Ok, I checked again and found it. It was further down in another section. It is an excellent review but you never know until one tests it for themselves....different needs and wants, etc. It is the same person who gave a good review on GL's store site. I think I am going to order a slab and give it a try. To bad though that it is not in my state! I wonder if it is a duplicate of another wax or if it is supposed to be a "special" blend just for them.

I am not far from you down here in OR. I tested GL 70/30 blend but could not afford the shipping....that was 2 years ago.

From what I have researched I can get wax from candlescience for about the same price as Peaks and Bittercreek South. That is for the IGI 6006. candlescience shipping prices cant be beat if you order over 200lbs. It was 131.00 (shipping) for 4 cases of wax to me.

Not trying to discourage you from GL just giving ya something to think about.;)

tootie

I am not far from you down here in OR. I tested GL 70/30 blend but could not afford the shipping....that was 2 years ago.

From what I have researched I can get wax from candlescience for about the same price as Peaks and Bittercreek South. That is for the IGI 6006. candlescience shipping prices cant be beat if you order over 200lbs. It was 131.00 (shipping) for 4 cases of wax to me.

tootie

Thanks Tootie, and yes I know what you mean about the price and shipping for the 70/30. I get my main wax from my state but never seem lucky enough to find the right wax for my colored candle application in my state. I think IGI has a new 50/50 wax that I read about on here. I need to check to see if Let It Shine carries it. The 70/30 went up way too much for me too on top of the horrible shipping. But, the main reason why I had to stop using it was because it would sweat bad in stores that are kept overly warm. I can't really afford the cost now anyway. BTW, have you tried the IGI 50/50?

tootie

P.S. Doesn't Let It Shine WA carry the IGI 6006. I am pretty sure they do. I know they used to.

tootie

P.S. again...I see from the other post regarding the IGI 50/50 that you have not yet tested it. I may give it a try. I need to look on LIS's site to see if they have it....think I did see it on there.

I dont think LIS has it BUT they just went up to 81.00 for their 6006. I can get it from CS or Peaks cheaper. That is why I was saying about checking shipping out from CS and see what the difference is. For me it is cheaper to order elsewhere.

I have not tested the new IGI 6036 (i think that is the right number) but would very much like to soon.

tootie

Holly, have you tested the Accu-Soy 30 from Swans?...I'm testing it now for dyed candles and am liking it a lot so far. Takes color very nicely...looks like the GL 70/30 ....very good cold and hot throw (though I've only tested 3 fragrances so far). I'm hopeful...I think Pete told me it's 70 para and 30 soy...

Holly, have you tested the Accu-Soy 30 from Swans?...I'm testing it now for dyed candles and am liking it a lot so far. Takes color very nicely...looks like the GL 70/30 ....very good cold and hot throw (though I've only tested 3 fragrances so far). I'm hopeful...I think Pete told me it's 70 para and 30 soy...

Hi,

I just got a slab the other day and will be testing it soon. I got it to compare it to the CB-30 that I have been testing in a new spa line -- this was one of the first waxes I tested when I first started out. When I look for a replacement wax for my colored line I need one that double wicks well....does not get too deep of a meltpool from double wicking. Have you tried it with double wicks or single wicks? I have it sitting here. Now, I just need to find the time to start testing it. How would you compare the hot throw to the GL-70/30? Thanks for the response. :)

I also tested the CB 30...don't know if I had a funky batch or not but when I looked down into the melt pool it looked like ... ugg...brain matter/cauliflower looking...deep crevices (sp?) in amongst chunks of wax not fully liquified. The pool also got too deep to double wick and I couldn't use an unattached single testing wick much past the 3rd or 4th test burn either...too deep of pool and the wick flopped.

As for the Accu-Soy 30, I have much higher hopes. I have only single wicked so far, but even on marathon burns the pool is perfect (edge to edge and 1/2" deep) and the jar stays cool enough to touch...I assume that if correctly double wicked it will do well. I am testing with WSP low smoke zincs...before trying these in this wax I nearly threw them out in disgust...they just weren't compatible with any wax I tried until the AS30...

As I said in my previous post this is a very pretty wax that takes color well...even darker colors and has good cold and hot throw on the fragrances I've tested. My only complaint at this point are those dang wetspots that tend to appear on day two or three. Then again, I'm in AZ and often have my AC going strong.

I just got the 7505 on Mon & have my 1st burns going right now. I'm within driving distance of GL, but I just couldn't bear to pay the price of the 70/30 (& it keeps rising). This is a 30/70 blend, but so far the only difference I'm seeing between the 2 is: the 7505 sets up w/ a shiny paraffin finish & I'm able to wick down. Other than that, everything else is working the same as the 70/30. I have a lot of pouring to do to test out the containers I use, but it looks like an excellent replacement. Also, I was able to use this wax for votives.

Susan.

When did you test the CB-30? I remember when I ordered it after a long time since I had last tested it I noticed it was different. I called Swans and it was another wax. Kinda hard to explain, but maybe you ended up with the "other" wax as well. I do not believe there has been that brainy look since then. I have been testing it a lot lately in the Madison jars and I have not noticed it. But, I did that time before. However, it ended up being a different wax when I thought I was receiving the CB-30. I believe it was the Accu 10...not the Accu 10 soy but the Accu 10 blend.

Thanks for the review on the Accu 30. I look forward to finding some time to check it out. I have testing burnout, but I need to get it done. At least my main line has been tried and true and has stuck around for a long time with me. :)

I also tested the CB 30...don't know if I had a funky batch or not but when I looked down into the melt pool it looked like ... ugg...brain matter/cauliflower looking...deep crevices (sp?) in amongst chunks of wax not fully liquified. The pool also got too deep to double wick and I couldn't use an unattached single testing wick much past the 3rd or 4th test burn either...too deep of pool and the wick flopped.

As for the Accu-Soy 30, I have much higher hopes. I have only single wicked so far, but even on marathon burns the pool is perfect (edge to edge and 1/2" deep) and the jar stays cool enough to touch...I assume that if correctly double wicked it will do well. I am testing with WSP low smoke zincs...before trying these in this wax I nearly threw them out in disgust...they just weren't compatible with any wax I tried until the AS30...

As I said in my previous post this is a very pretty wax that takes color well...even darker colors and has good cold and hot throw on the fragrances I've tested. My only complaint at this point are those dang wetspots that tend to appear on day two or three. Then again, I'm in AZ and often have my AC going strong.

• 7 months later...