4 or 8 oz bath and body

I am trying to mainstream my lines a bit so I don't have to carry as many bottles. Right now I offer 2 oz bullet bottles in lotion, wash, and hand sanitizer ($3 each). I also have 8 oz pump bottles of lotion and 8 oz wahes for $8 each. I haven't been sell much of either, and was wondering if maybe 4 oz all around (except the sanitizer, which would still be 2 oz) would be a better way to go. I could get away with selling them around $5, and maybe discount .50 for 3 or more?

I am looking to start back to college in about a year or so, so I am trying to simplify things now, so I don't have to do it then. I do try to keep my scents down to 15 normal and add 3-4 at seasonal times.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Steph

I also don't sell alot of lotions etc.In fact usually bring most back home no matter what I try.This year I have a new lotion(Organic) so trying that but think the 4 ounce is the best option in my area.

You are going in the right direction if the larger bottles are not selling.Still wonder about the economy or people just go to Wal Mart and get their hand lotions. I use lotion bases and just add fragrance. No dyes.

Candles and tarts sell here but will try the small bottles. Not going over 10 bottles. Going to a pump bottle used for the hand soap and not the squirt bottle. Lotion is so thick and hard to come out with the squirt bottles. A customer mentioned that to me so a reason for changing.

LynnS

I also think people like to keep the lotion in their purses. I don't use the bullet bottles but like them. More attractive and also the idea of taking them with you. I get my bottles locally from one place and they don't carry the bullet.There is one company locally I am going to double check. If he does have them I want to change. Lotions aren't big sellers so haven't checked into it.I have so many of the 8 ounce squirt bottles that will never sell. Have to go to 2 or 4 ounces IF I want sales. Lots of times I think people go to WAL MART for more but less money.

Hope sales get better since they must had been fairly good for you. Just down lately. If sales continue to stay down for (lotion) I am going to forget it. I thought hand sanitizer would be good seller but no one looked at that either. Straight to candles and tarts.

I guess the main reason I went to lotions, car fresheners and other things was to draw people to my booth by offering more items but doesn't seem to be something people want. Car fresheners are also a item that is slow in selling. People want to buy them at the car wash or stores for less but they last a short time. My car fresheners will last almost 3 months. This year I am going to stress that to customers. Draw them to the fresheners and hope for a sale.

LynnS

I personally don't make lotion, but am a true lotion junkie. I HATE Walmart lotion, so I stick to VS or BBW until the craft fairs start, simply because I don't want to pay shipping for it.

I realize that isn't the answer to what you asked, but thought I'd give you some perspective from a lotion buyer....not everyone likes cheap lotions. :)

I sell lotion in 2,4 and 8 oz malibus. I was thinking about trying to eliminate one size but after reviewing my sales data I sell pretty much equally among the sizes. Surprised me. Then I make a Vegan lotion in a 6 oz size only so I can have a clear distinction between the goat milk lotion and the vegan one.

Not much help here but that is the way my sales have panned out. So I will keep making 3 sizes.