Wick Stickums BCN

The problem with BCN wick stickums has not been corrected in their new shipment but I am not sure anyone used them like we did (for 6 yrs.)

We got scissors and cut the strips with 12 stickums to strip, took off the top paper and then placed 12 wicks on them. Left wick & stickum on strip until actually putting wick in tin. We pour 12 tins to a batch and we could get all of our strips made before we started pouring tins. That will no longer work because you cannot get off the top round paper while the stickum is on the strip, in fact the top round paper is still hard to pull off.

Does anyone do it the way we do?? and have you ever tried stickums from any other company that might work?? TIA Carole

Oh that was the problem?

I bough my first stickums recently, never used them.

But for now I take one stickum at a time and stick the side that was on the strip on the wick, then peel off the other part. Yeah it's a bit stuck but no big problem for now. Maybe when I have to do a mass production it will become a problem!

I take one stickum at a time and stick the side that was on the strip on the wick, then peel off the other part.

That is basically how I do mine. I will take my stickums, and put one on the bottom of each wick while watching TV at night.

I have wicked hundreds+ in one night.. It goes quick when watching TV!!:grin2:

I store my wicks by the hundreds in plastic draws by size with the stickums on them. They are always ready to go that way..

Carole, I feel bad for ya..

When your system gets screwed up, it really slows ya down..

Hope BCN gets the problem fixed soon.

HTH

Old Dogs (me) can learn new tricks. I'll try to tab a bunch in the wick plastic jar and then take off the tab when I place them in the tins. They are still really hard to peel. Maybe I'll try some more from Candles & Supplies, except for not having a tab, they worked pretty well. Thks, Carole

The Candlemakers Store & Greenleaf have them on the square sheets instead of a roll. I have had better luck with them than the ones from BCN. I still have half a roll from BC that I never touch.

I stick the wicks on the sheets and then after I get all of those done, I pull off the sheets and wick all jars at once.

Old Dogs (me) can learn new tricks. I'll try to tab a bunch in the wick plastic jar and then take off the tab when I place them in the tins. They are still really hard to peel. Maybe I'll try some more from Candles & Supplies, except for not having a tab, they worked pretty well. Thks, Carole

yeo they are relly hard to peel, I hope you'll find a way to keep a good amount ready!

cybersix wrote:

I take one stickum at a time and stick the side that was on the strip on the wick, then peel off the other part.

This is how I do mine, also. I've never had a problem. But then, I don't make as many at a time as you do, Carole. I hope you find a solution.

Well, I tried the way you guys suggested, NO, I will not try and fumble and get psssssd off trying to peel that darn round paper off the stickum, it's really stuck. That's worse than trying to get the seal off of a bottle of salad dressing. Either BCN fixes them or they lose me. Stickums are supposed to make life easier not harder. Carole :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

OMG.. What the heck did they do... Cement them on???

I will need some stickums soon..SO please let us know if BCN fixes this issue or I will get mine from another source...

The only reason I get them from BCN is I like the little pull tab.

But Heck...

If if you can't even get them off the paper.. What good are the tabs...:rolleyes2

What has BCN said about this??

You would think BCN would send the "Bad" stickums back to their supplier to fix them..:mad:

Sorry we couldn't help...

Well, I tried the way you guys suggested, NO, I will not try and fumble and get psssssd off trying to peel that darn round paper off the stickum, it's really stuck. That's worse than trying to get the seal off of a bottle of salad dressing. Either BCN fixes them or they lose me. Stickums are supposed to make life easier not harder. Carole :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Yep, they lost me years ago when I was having problems with them not sticking to the jar. Never had a problem with stickums from other suppliers though. When I pointed this out and asked if it was maybe just a batch problem I was blasted for it. Steve's always worked well for me!