Air Fresheners

scentsational

SO, I was at a relay for life benefit and saw these air fresheners. They looked like beads of gel stuck together and were formed into the pink ribbon. I have not ventured into making air fresheners and was just wondering if anyone knew what they were made of? I have seen the blanks which I would probably feel better about making, because it seems to me that the heat of the car could make the gels melt? It gets up in the 100's were I live and with the heat index even up to 110 outside, not to mention the inside of a car.

I'm just getting started with them myself....and love them so far! So easy to make!

However, I just hate the name Aroma Ornie....it sounds goofy to me. Trying to come up with something a little better. I'll probably just stick to something plain like Air Freshener, but would still like to be a bit more creative with the name.

Gotta find packaging for them....naturally, all the sizes I have lying around are either too small or too big (sigh)....can't decide if I want the peel and stick bags or the ziplock style.

Anyway, sorry to ramble....good luck and have fun!! :grin2:

I use Aroma Beads and bag them in a small mesh bag. I got my bags from PaperMart.com They have different sizes and colors. Seem very reasonable in their prices too. I live in NY and people buy them to put in cars, closets, dresser draws and bathrooms. They work well in cars whether you have your air conditioner or heater on. I tell customers to agitate them by squeezing the bag from time to time to keep the air flowing through them. I think the mesh bag works well since it's not a solid bag. One thing I noticed, some fragrances take longer to totally absorb than others. So I make sure the beads are fully absorbed and there is no liquid at the bottom of my bowl.