My first show

I had my first show today, at our local Spring Fling. I'd said from the start that if I just made up my booth fee, I'd consider it good for a first outing. Well, that's just about all I did. *sigh* I'd hoped to do better, but it turned off cold - brisk wind (15-20 miles an hour), temperatures in the 50s this morning, and it was just flat out cold for the beginning of May. The organizers said turnout was way down from what it usually is. It stayed windy for most of the show. By around 2:00 it was a nice day - sunny and the wind had dropped - but the crowds just didn't come. So, I had several small sales, and got a good number of people signed up for my e-mail list, and made a couple of contacts that might lead to wholesale orders. But in actual cash brought home, I came back with about $8 more than I'd paid for my booth fee. It was a good first outing, and a valuable learning experience (we have a long list of things to work out for the Fall Festival!), but dang, a little more cash would have sure been nice. LOL

I did get lots of nice comments, saying things smelled good and looked good, but with it as brisk as it was outside, no one sold much. The lady next to me had nice gift baskets made up, and she sold four. So, let's hope for better weather in the fall!

Yep, we had a canopy but gave it a miss because of the wind. We were under a shade tree anyway (which would be nice most days, but not with the temperature today! LOL). And it was a decent show in every way except the bottom line, and sometimes it's not all about the bottom line, you know? I got my name out there to people who might otherwise not have heard of me, and maybe the few who did buy will remember me next time and buy more and tell their friends. So, I'm not completely discouraged!