Recreating a balm your opinions......

AkainePSP

Our local pharmacy started selling a balm called combat-ready balm by Skincando (http://www.colecare.com/Products/skincare.shtml ). I guess there are a lot of cancer patients requesting it. It is $25.00 for 2 ounces.

Wanna hear whats in it? Distilled Water, apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Fish Oil, Clove & Tea Tree Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Borax and Lanolin.

Well after I inquired about why it was so much I was asked to reproduce it. So I did but I also tweaked it. I personally like my recipe better and its much creamier. It also is not seperating like it was in the sample container at the pharmacy. I think next time though I may use a little less lanolin. GSE was rather expensive and I wasn't sure what I was getting on ebay so I opted for a preservative without parabens. What do you think of what I have come up with?

My 16 oz. Recipe

3.84 oz. Coconut Oil

.48 oz. Lanolin

.48 oz. Fish Oil

1.12 oz. Apricot Kernel Oil

5.6 oz. Aloe Vera Juice

3.2 oz. Brewed Black Tea

.96 oz. Ewax

.48 oz. Stearic Acid

Add last:

3 ml Lavender

2 ml Clove

2 ml Tea Tree

.32 Optiphen Plus

The Combat Ready Balm brochure claims: This concentrated skin salve relieves and heals damaged and inflamed skin. Severe dryness, minor abrasions, post-shaving burn, diaper rash,stretchmarks, scars, bug bites and sunburn are no match for this powerfully soothing balm.

So i have affiliations with the local cancer center. think some pals might like this--they use it post radiation?? for irritated skin? if they get a burn can they put it on it?

Ironically thats what the pharmacist was telling me. Cancer patients are being told to buy this. What ticks me off is the cost the company is charging. $25.00 for 2 ounces. It cost me $1.53 to make 2 ounces.

This sounds wonderful for my Hubby's hands. His fingers crack something terrible. My soy lotion bars were working for quite a while now this winter the cracking began again. Thanks so much for posting this.

Glo